Quote Originally Posted by maydaymommy View Post
I know this was from a week ago, but I just wanted to add that the girls’ party dresses are VERY short. I can only remember one Mitzvah party at which that wasn’t the case in the past 7 or 8 years. Girls (and boys) often take off their shoes & put on socks that are provided. When it’s their party, many girls wear a type of dress like a mini-strapless-sparkly ballgown. Friends wear little black dresses. Among my own friends, Party Chic still means cocktail attire, but a tiny bit sleeker, with more leeway for jumpsuits.

I’m sure your girls will have a blast! One way to get an idea of what a lot of parties are like is to think of it as a wedding reception, with add-ons for kids. At most, there is a mixture of fun adult music & things kids like. Almost always s there is a DJ who runs games for the kids, with the help of “dancers” who are considered to be “party motivators.” There will certainly be enough food to cover dinner! Usually the kid’s cocktail hour is separate from the adults’, and there’s different kids food, either served or a buffet during the main meal.

Encourage them to read the English in the prayer book during the service. Many versions contain a modern commentary on the prayers.
Thank you, maydaymommy! This is helpful. Party chic is what's on the invitation, and my girls will not wear dresses so we have dressy blouses, and are going shopping for some hopefully sleek dressy pants to go with them! Good to know about English in the prayer book and I will DEFINITELY encourage them to read it!