Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default White House Tours

Has anyone been successful in getting a tour of the White House? DS2 and I are heading to DC over Spring Break and my sister sent me a link to the White House, which says tours are arranged by contacting your member of Congress. Do I just email my representative? Has anyone been successful at doing this? And if so, do you have any tips?

TIA!

I don't think they are doing tours right now due to Covid.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

No tours now.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default White House Tours

Yes you email or fill out a form on your representative’s website. I would however follow up with them within a week if you don’t hear anything*. I would do this ASAP though because spring break is coming up quickly. Ask for any type of tour including Congress. We successfully did it in 2001 so ages ago but from what I understand the process is still the same. I would call the district office though as things are probably changing on a rapid basis.

*We filled out the form to try and get a commendation from DH’s grandma’s congressman when she turned 100 in 2020 and we never heard back from them. Dh should’ve followed up with them. We will never know why it was never completed, but these type of requests are usually handled on the local level through the district office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

It doesn't say anything about that on the website! It totally makes sense...but yeah. Nothing! Here's the website that she linked for me:

https://www.nps.gov/whho/planyourvis...house-tour.htm

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    It doesn't say anything about that on the website! It totally makes sense...but yeah. Nothing! Here's the website that she linked for me:

https://www.nps.gov/whho/planyourvis...house-tour.htm
    Here's the info from the House of Representatives
    https://www.house.gov/visitors/white-house

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Yes you email or fill out a form on your representative’s website. I would however follow up with them within a week if you don’t hear anything*. I would do this ASAP though because spring break is coming up quickly. Ask for any type of tour including Congress. We successfully did it in 2001 so ages ago but from what I understand the process is still the same. I would call the district office though as things are probably changing on a rapid basis.

*We filled out the form to try and get a commendation from DH’s grandma’s congressman when she turned 100 in 2020 and we never heard back from them. Dh should’ve followed up with them. We will never know why it was never completed, but these type of requests are usually handled on the local level through the district office.

Thanks! Maybe I should just try to give a call to the office and get the updated info first... I will follow up for sure.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Public tours of the White House remain temporarily suspended until further notice.
    https://www.house.gov/visitors/white-house

I saw the NPS link too. I spend time over on a DC travel forum and it'd be big news if tours had resumed. But, never hurts to contact a rep and ask.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Thanks! Maybe I should just try to give a call to the office and get the updated info first... I will follow up for sure.
    Ask if a capital tour is available…..that was a great tour.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Ask if a capital tour is available…..that was a great tour.

I have an inside guy for a capital tour! I don't know if he'll be around but he's offered to take us if he can. He takes the same breaks as Congress and may be out of time. My sister is connecting with him again. Last time we actually got to be on the floor of the Senate (it wasn't in session) and got a great photo from the Speaker's balcony. I do wonder how Jan. 6 may have changed things too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast