Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    Trash. A family friend from DH's childhood is a dentist and gave us fancy baby teeth storage containers as a baby gifts for our kids. It has a special place for each tooth as they fell out. Needless to say, those containers are still empty but someone must be saving teeth if there's a market for such storage containers.
    Yikes — that’s almost worse than stumbling across a bag of unlabeled teeth! And what happens if (when!) one tooth gets lost before it’s put in its special place. A permanent reminder that someone slipped up

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hahaha you guys. DD had an assignment to make a "leprechaun trap" for school and we were trying to find a small green box that I remembered having in my childhood. I found it and guess what was inside. TEETH! I THINK they're my kids teeth but I have no idea whose teeth they were? Like which kid's? I think my original idea was to keep one tooth for each kid for morbid reasons of having an identifiable part of their DNA and generally for record keeping but the cache I just discovered was just...yeah. DD didn't want to use the tooth box for her project and I don't blame her. I just couldn't believe that I happened to find it yesterday of all days, when we had just been talking about teeth!

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yep… tossed as we went. I am not that sentimental though and also try to be minimalist.

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would grab them and toss them somewhere (drawer, closet) so the kids wouldn't find them in the trash... so now I stumble across teeth randomly lol.

My SIL's mom kept them in her baby book/photo album. She brought it once when visiting and was going through it with my kids showing them Auntie when she was little - including the page of teeth. My kids were SO grossed out once they realized what it was!
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DH was the tooth fairy, and thank goodness he was, because he threw them out as he went. I would have kept them and we don't need them around. My dad still has my teeth and my brother's teeth, and I wish I didn't know that.
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    I found the teeth my mom had saved and I was grossed out!
    Me too! And to make matters worse, I can't remember which teeth belong to which kid. As I find them, I've been throwing them out.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

NO ONE else saves their sweet baby's teeth?!?!

I'll live on this island alone. For what it's worth, DH is with y'all. Every time I toss one in the baggie, he asks (again) why I'm keeping them.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

PunkyBoo is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I thought I quoted carolinacool...
    I'm the OP, I'm asking because I still do have them all... But I'm really grossed out about the fact that I have them and also a little disturbed by just putting them in the trash. Our trash collection is sorted at a facility to pull any recyclables, etc and the thought of someone else discovering a collection of my kids' baby teeth is also disturbing to me...

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    I thought I quoted carolinacool...
    I'm the OP, I'm asking because I still do have them all... But I'm really grossed out about the fact that I have them and also a little disturbed by just putting them in the trash. Our trash collection is sorted at a facility to pull any recyclables, etc and the thought of someone else discovering a collection of my kids' baby teeth is also disturbing to me...

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Wrap them in a paper towel then put them inside something else. I still have my DC baby teeth but plan to toss as I see them.

hbridge is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have DC's teeth still. Not sure what I am supposed to do with them. I think I will ask them if I need to save them for anything. I ALSO still have the dogs teeth that we found when he was teething . Actually, DC pulled a few of those out... It seemed wrong to throw them away for some reason.

When I was a kid, the "toothfairy" gave them back to us when we were old enough. I kept them in a little jewelry box that was lost/stolen in a move, I was (and still am) more upset about the antique box from my grandmother than the teeth .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast