Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Best app for finding gas stations while traveling?

We just landed in Minneapolis, found our car in the parking lot and 2 of our tires are flat. We have a several hour drive home and it’s dark. It dawned on me that when we are traveling, we often say we need an app that shows the closest gas stations and then forget about it once we arrive. I figured I’d ask now before I forgot again. Do you have a favorite app for finding gas stations while traveling?
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

It’s not specifically for finding stations, but I have the gasbuddy app on my phone for seeing prices around where I am. We do use it on road trips but also while home to see what the current spread of prices is.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I use Gas Buddy! Im interested in what others recommend.

The nav system in my Volvo does it for me while driving. Otherwise, open google maps and search “gas stations near me”. Results will show up on a map as well as a dot showing your current location.

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I use gas buddy as well. Sometimes Google maps too.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Hope you got your tires pumped up and got home safely!!!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Were you at the airport? For future reference, they often have a service truck around that can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We traveled cross country last spring and used iExit when we were on major highways.
    DS 2/09

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Gas Buddy…..been using it for as long as I have had an iphone. Is their something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I just use Google Maps. Under the search here bar, click Gas. It populates all the nearby stations with a bubble showing the price for Regular. I'm not sure if the prices are 100% accurate, but I'm more likely to go to the station brands I know I like vs. looking at slight price differences anyways.

I've also used the car's navigation, but I honestly prefer Google Maps to the point that I forget I have nav built-in in the cars.

If you already have a destination set and running in Google Maps, hit the Search icon to the right, then it'll pop up with "Search along route" and have gas stations, restaurants, etc beneath that that are on the way of your destination. I use that all the time and was shocked on a trip once that a friend uses Google Maps but didn't know that was a thing, so I'm mentioning it here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast