SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Any ideas? Organizing “inventory”

Aside from a spreadsheet, can people help me think of tools out there that exist to help this issue?
    I’m managing a storeroom for a theater. Until now it hasn’t been organized electronically and I have dreams of getting it digital. The items will not be leaving so I’m not trying to track sales or deal with ordering.
    I want to take a picture of all the items
    I want to categorize all the items by type
    I want to be able to note features like what show(s) it was used in
    I want to be able to note size

Basically I want to create a digital catalog or reference guide. It would be great if it had capabilities to show me every yellow item we have in storage, for example. Or every suit in size 34.

Is there software out there that can do this? This is a non profit so it also needs to be inexpensive. I have done this using spreadsheets but it was only for about 1500 items and this will be more like 30,000 items.
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Evernote May be your best free digital catalog like that. They have a paid version but the free one does a lot of what you’re looking for.

You can take pictures and store it there with tags so it’s searchable by color, size or even type of material. Try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Excellent! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

It's CRAZY we have a place here to ask a question like, "Hey, I need a visual inventory of 30K objects. What do I use?" and someone comes up with a perfect reply within a few hours. BBB Magic...what would we do without this place?

I'm thinking for 30k items you really need a database of some sort, assuming there's no 'inventory/asset tracking' solution that would work for you/not be too expensive. You might take a look at something like like airtable, which is a hosted database. Here's an example of a product catalog template they have: https://www.airtable.com/templates/p...ZvMLT9L6c4yeBX.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

Thank you! That looks like my end goal visual organization.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    It's CRAZY we have a place here to ask a question like, "Hey, I need a visual inventory of 30K objects. What do I use?" and someone comes up with a perfect reply within a few hours. BBB Magic...what would we do without this place?
    I figured it was worth an ask on here. We have people with so many unique backgrounds that I thought someone might know.