Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

If you want to breeze through Paris, you could do Amsterdam and Bruges, which is delightful. Brussels is a snooze IMO!

for Sandy Hook

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    If you want to breeze through Paris, you could do Amsterdam and Bruges, which is delightful. Brussels is a snooze IMO!
    Yes! I was also not a big fan of Brussels, but absolutely adore Bruges.
    Lizi

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Since you don't love Paris, but need to go, can you do it on one of the ends for just the day or 2? Then do the rest in London/England and Ireland? That could give you 2 days in Paris, and 10 left for London and Ireland. It's been a long long time, but Ireland was my favorite, so that is what I'd pick for a week. Then fill in the rest of the days in London and minimize Paris.
    Kris

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I’d say if you can start in Paris I’d do Paris-London-Ireland/Scotland
    If you need to start in London, I’d do London-Paris-and then do Amsterdam, South of France (beach…we loved our short stop in Cassis), Spain or Portugal.
    It all sounds fun. In the summer, I’d probably love to head north…Europe in the summer is not my favorite, it would be cooler farther north at least (Sweden, Norway, Denmark was a really amazing European trip that was not stifling).
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

I would personally do Amsterdam but probably because I skew towards the cities. Or years ago, we did London, Paris and Prague. Prague was wonderful. So many options!

I'm not sure if you have extra time in Paris, or want to get out of the city since it wasn't your favorite but I highly recommend a day trip to Normandy if you family is at all into WWII history. We hired a guide/driver for the day and tailored the trip to everything we wanted to see. We were back in Paris for a late dinner.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Just saw this thread and haven't read the other replies. When in June are you going? Could you go in late May? If you are history buffs at all, then go to Normandy end of May. In all the small towns around the WW2 beaches, there are re-enactors everywhere. People who in their spare time renovate old WW2 equipment fill it with actual war supplies and wear the uniforms. They come out in droves and settle in public areas of towns and villages along that coast. They love talking to Americans and asking what our family’s experience with the war was. They were all so friendly to Americans, lol. They let the kids climb in their tanks and trucks. We toured an army camp where everything was authentic and renovated. We would so love to go back there one day. Also in the area is Mount St. Michel which is also fascinating. There is a movie about it on Prime right now. Super cool. Also worth a visit is the nearby city of Bayeux to see the Bayeux Tapestry. It has its own museum and is worth a morning trip. All those things are in Normandy.

Visiting Normandy could fill up your time so you don’t have to spend much time in Paris. You’d have to rent a car, but driving in the French countryside isn’t hard. It’s easy to drive a round and explore. And every village has something to see. And they drive on the right side of the road!
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 08-12-2023 at 10:30 AM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Definitely June to coincide with something (hence our need to go to Paris no matter what). But, our family has no one interested in WW2 so Normandy has never really come up as a point of interest. I appreciate the info though.

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    If doing London, I highly recommend the WB Harry Potter studio tour outside of London. It’s nothing like an amusement park and even non HP fans would enjoy it because it is a lot about the movie making process. I booked our June tix in February and slots were already gone. So, seriously, you need to book it months in advance.
    It was a highlight for us.
    We love london and can’t wait to see more. ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Make sure to see Cursed Child in London if its showing. Right now tickets are available online through Autumn and the show has been extended through March 3,2024.... We bought tickets in dress circle and they were great. If I get to see it a second time, I am going to ge the stalls. You can google sites that show you what your view will be from various seats in the Palace theater. You really want to see the show in London -- it is still performing Part 1 and Part 2 as separate plays, shown on the same day. So make sure you go after you've had a chance to get adjusted to the time difference. The entire story line involving adults as kids/babies was removed to condense the story line into one play. --- if you get to go, Masala is a great Indian restaurant near the theater and Piccadilly Circus tube station.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    …..it would be cooler farther north at least (Sweden, Norway, Denmark was a really amazing European trip that was not stifling).
    Just want to comment yes to this. Sweden, and Finland temp wise (plus the rest of the Baltic states) were very enjoyable in mid June. I was able to wear jeans, and a tee shirt or a 3/4 sleeve tunic top and didn’t need to pull out the sundresses and a pair of shorts until we hit Copenhagen. When we happened to be in Copenhagen it was 80-85 degrees and kind of humid which wasn’t normal for that time of year but not awful but I don’t think much is air conditioned (kind of like the Bay Area). People did say the temps were about 10 degrees higher than normal. I also did wore shorts the day we we went Germany.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2