Default Bippity Boppity Boutique or other options for 4 yo?

We are going in October after years of waiting! DD will be 4.5 and is all about the princesses. Rapunzel in particular is her favorite and we already have a dress.

So my issue is that currently (post covid) the only hairstyles they will do at BBB are updo's or a ponytail (a tight bun with some version of fancying it up -a fake braid around it, flowers, etc.) or a colored high ponytail. DD has hair almost to her butt and hates having it pulled tight up which is basically the only options there. (In Disney FB groups online people are recently reporting that they were just asking if a simple braid was possible and were told no so it's unlikely to change, it did used to be an option before covid.) So we could fork over money for the "experience" of the castle for $100 4 yo make over that isn't even very cute imo - we are hoping/planning to do Cinderella's Royal Table meal so she'll still get the experience of being in the castle and at 4 she "probably" won't really remember anyway?

We are staying at the military - Disney resort Shades of Green across from the Poly and it has a spa that does princess makeovers and will do a braid (which is exactly what she wants) for $35. And it includes a tiara ,etc.

Or we can shell out the money for the really cute makeovers where furloughed former cast members will come to our room and do elaborate make up and hairstyles. (She really likes this option the best when I showed her different makeovers. ) As far as I can tell, most of them start at around $150. These makeovers are the cutest without a doubt, and we can afford it without like having to skip Christmas or something, but she's four and it's for one day and it's not like it's prom or something. I just have reservations about paying so much for something like this....

She's never even had a haircut yet so it's not like the "spa" treatment won't be special to her even if it's not BBB. Or should I suck it up and do BBB for the experience?

Any thoughts from anyone who has btdt?!
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

I would definitely do the spa at SoG. That sounds amazing. DD's one and only time at the BBB was when she was 9, and while it was a fantastic experience for her, she was also old enough to really appreciate it. She knew she wanted the bun hairstyle she'd seen on previous trips. If the spa will do exactly what your DD wants and she won't even know the difference, I don't see any reason to shell out the extra money for a hairstyle it sounds like she'll hate. With the dress and the CRT experience, I bet she'll feel like royalty!
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

The $35 option, for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I would do the $35 option that will give her the hair style she actually wants!
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would do the $35 option for so many reasons. I hope you all have a great time and make wonderful memories.

Thanks guys! I guess I needed the ok to skip BBB at this point. After talking with her more I'm pretty sure she wants her face literally painted so I think we'll do the $35 braid and look into getting a face painting kit and maybe trying something really simple that will make her happy. (We'll be flying back on Halloween so she can wear it for that too.) I would pay to get her face painted at the parks but I'm not sure what's open still post-covid (I tried asking in some groups and am not getting responses so thinking maybe it's not.) Hubby is taking oldest back for a solo weekend trip to Universal so I'm hoping we'll be able to do a quick girl's trip in a couple years and hopefully catch the sweet spot of still being into princesses but old enough to remember and maybe either deal with a bun or by then maybe they'll have braids back again.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I saw face painting in Epcot this past Sunday.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I would do the spa day near the resort. There is no way I would spend $100 at BBB and thankfully never had to at Disneyland with my girls. I think $35 is fine and if she is still at the age where she can wear a costume to the parks then I would buy her a new costume for the trip. She will get more use out of the new costume vs. spending $$$$ at BBB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

For a 4 year old who's not going to remember any of it I'd do the $35 option. Save the more expensive option for when she's 8/9.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I vote for the $35 option.