Thread: argh

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default argh

about 3 months ago our newish kitchen drawer that has the trash and recycling in it broke (the slider broke). Our trash has since sat on our counter (dog otherwise will get into trash). I've been calling several places including the manufacturer, been on facebook neighbor groups etc. to find how to get it fixed. Last week I found a lady at a kitchen cabinet place who can order me the part and I asked DH to measure the space so we can get the part. Yesterday I measured the space with DH (he just rarely actually manifests work like this) and emailed the lady the measurements.

5 hrs later I got back from my hair appt and the cabinet was fixed. DH and DS went to home depot found the part and fixed it.

So glad to have the garbage back in working order but honestly there is something wrong with this ARGH
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    about 3 months ago our newish kitchen drawer that has the trash and recycling in it broke (the slider broke). Our trash has since sat on our counter (dog otherwise will get into trash). I've been calling several places including the manufacturer, been on facebook neighbor groups etc. to find how to get it fixed. Last week I found a lady at a kitchen cabinet place who can order me the part and I asked DH to measure the space so we can get the part. Yesterday I measured the space with DH (he just rarely actually manifests work like this) and emailed the lady the measurements.

5 hrs later I got back from my hair appt and the cabinet was fixed. DH and DS went to home depot found the part and fixed it.

So glad to have the garbage back in working order but honestly there is something wrong with this ARGH
    Glad to hear it’s finally fixed! So sorry it took so long…..

This would happen at my house but it would have been me who finally got fed up and went to Home Depot to look for the part. Looking at my broken chair that needs to be fixed but has been ignored for a month…..

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Glad to hear it’s finally fixed! So sorry it took so long…..

This would happen at my house but it would have been me who finally got fed up and went to Home Depot to look for the part. Looking at my broken chair that needs to be fixed but has been ignored for a month…..
    In our house, I’m the one that’s searching for how to do the repair and then going to Home Depot. DH might help with the actual repair. If something needs fixing, DS doesn’t even bother going to DH. It’s “mom, this broke.” So that’s good DS knows women are capable . DS has started doing some woodworking, so I now get him to help me.

OP, it’s frustrating when they don’t help out and it turn out to be a simple, easy fix. I don’t like to nag, but it’s the only way things get done sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains