Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need to vent

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    Definitely a stressful time. Feel free to vent on here!

In the big picture, you were so forward-thinking to pursue your current career and to get yourself in a place where you can provide extra support for your family. But, it is a lot to carry on your shoulders.
    All of this! This is what BBB is here for. So vent away. This is all so hard. I’m on other side of coast with some friends dealing the same as well. All of this is such a farce and really symbolic of what’s wrong in this country; paying hundreds of millions to head studios and corporate while under them is struggling a lot. Ugh I really have no words to say but lots of love and support to you.

Is there a way you can take a day or two OFF this week as a reset just for yourself before you start at your FT job for new school year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    Definitely a stressful time. Feel free to vent on here!

In the big picture, you were so forward-thinking to pursue your current career and to get yourself in a place where you can provide extra support for your family. But, it is a lot to carry on your shoulders.
    Yes! This exactly. I remember several years back when you were also SAHM (as I was), and you were making plans for finishing up your degrees and going back to work, knowing it would eventually take pressure off your DH and the family. You were incredibly wise to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    Remember, just because it may be worse for others doesnt mean that it doesnt also suck for you. I get why you cant vent to them, but be please be gentle with yourself.
    I agree, it is important to remember this too. Just because it's worse for many others doesn't mean you don't have the right to be upset. Anyone would be stressed out in the same circumstances.

Sending lots of hugs to you Nicci!

It's a lot. Vent where you can and remember to take care of yourself too. Sending job hunting thoughts to your DH and everyone else impacted.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Need to vent

Thanks everyone. It felt good to vent. I was driving home last night and called my sister, but she’s just coming out of a lay off herself. I knew I could vent here and just get it out. I know we’ll adjust and we will be fine. It’s a difficult time for many people right now.

I do think we need to prepare for it to happen again. There’s more instability with jobs now. DH wasn’t prepared to job hunt. People in his work have websites now highlighting their recent work. DH had nothing. Thankfully, DS was “I got this” and had it created in half a day. DH was able to send it out and got good feedback. DS said he will keep it updated going forward with DH’s work, so he always has something. I don’t have an update resume if I need to apply for jobs. So lesson learned, we need to be prepared to job hunt at anytime

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 08-12-2023 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by [emoji813
    ms.pacman;4443758]Yes! This exactly. I remember several years back when you were also SAHM (as I was), and you were making plans for finishing up your degrees and going back to work, knowing it would eventually take pressure off your DH and the family. You were incredibly wise to do so.
    So me returning to work wasn’t just to take pressure off DH. We knew it would be better if I did work because of his industry, but I also needed to earn my own money. Turns out I have huge money issues when I’m not working (stem from childhood) and it’s less stressful for me to work and juggle things than when I was a SAHM. I’m glad I stayed home when DS was young, but I really struggled when I wasn’t working. I was working on it in therapy and realized I needed to work for me, as well as for our finances.

I’ve taken on some extra work these last few years as DS got older. It was more opportunities presented to me and it gives me experience in other areas. Freelance for DH could be short-term projects with periods of no work, so very thankful for that extra side income. I can ramp it up for a bit and then decrease later, so I won’t do 6 days a week for too long. Lesson learned is to have more than one revenue source.

Default Need to vent

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasparkl View Post
    I bet friends going though the strikes wouldn’t mind some venting. I feel like the whole community is trying to hold it together, but it’s just plain hard to have so many people out of work at once. It doesn’t help that the general public seems to have dismissed it. We’re fortunate that we’ve both been able to work through the time, but are very sympathetic to the upheaval that this whole business is going though. Good luck on his job hunt. I think everyone is ready for a return to normal, and hopefully that’ll mean jobs for all the people dealing with layoffs too.
    It’s tough for so many people. When the school unions went on strike back in March, it was 3 days and that was exhausting on the picket lines. I can’t imagine doing this for months! I told DH they need to shut the city down. Part of the reason our strike was resolved involved political pressure as no schools open affected the entire city. The strike needs to end!

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    I'm sorry! I do hope you have a good first week back!
    I hope you have a good first week back too! I’ve got my fingers crossed we’re over the Covid shutdown catch up, but a friend told me I’ve been saying that for years now!!

I went in today and found I still have a room (yay!) but they replaced my kidney table with tables as a teacher wanted a kidney table. Sigh! I’m not there everyday and know daily use in the classroom wins every time! I like a kidney table as it keeps the kids within arms reach!! I asked the custodian to keep an eye out, or maybe I should see about the extra furniture storage the district has to find another one

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Watch for one on FB Marketplace, often people who have home daycare get rid of them. Then it's yours! I also loved using a kidney table for therapy with little ones.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Watch for one on FB Marketplace, often people who have home daycare get rid of them. Then it's yours! I also loved using a kidney table for therapy with little ones.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Good idea. I’ll keep an eye out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2