Philly Mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Portugal Recommendations in March - Please help me

For my 45th birthday present to myself, I want to take my kids (10 and 12) to Portugal. I am a single mom so probably traveling as a threesome. It is possible my brother and his family will join us, but I want this to be my trip. His budget is much greater than mine. I would love to develop a great itinerary. We would be there the last week in March and could possibly tack on a day or two on either end of that week so maybe 10 days total. Please help me develop this itinerary. I have read all the past posts and I am overwhelmed.

mom2224 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

https://www.globusjourneys.com/tour/...tent=374146803

Look into a tour company. This Globus Portugal tour might help you get some ideas. Have fun!
    Mom of 4 boys.

We were there for almost 3 weeks last summer and we loved it. A mom on this board gave me great tips, so you may want to search for it. She has a vacation home in Portugal.

Lisbon is a must and so is Sintra which is nearby.

The Algarve coast is wonderful. We rented a car and I recommend this (but not for Lisbon and Sintra) as it is very easy to drive there.
    DD '06
    DD '14

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

What sort of things do you enjoy when you travel? We've visited twice - early April the past two years. I'm happy to point you toward some of our favorites. Are you looking to drive, or train / hire transport?

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    What sort of things do you enjoy when you travel? We've visited twice - early April the past two years. I'm happy to point you toward some of our favorites. Are you looking to drive, or train / hire transport?
    We like it all. Walking, seeing old buildings, food, swimming, etc. I am happy to drive, take train or hire transport or a mixture of all three. It's possibly my brother's family of 4 will join for a chunk of it too.

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Saw your PM and sent you a response!

Quote Originally Posted by marinkitty View Post
    Saw your PM and sent you a response!
    Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains