Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    arivecchi is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We have a Volvo xc90 plug in hybrid and love it so far. Super roomy, sporty and good in snow. My son uses it all week to go to and from school and it’s nice that he never has to gas up. We take 20 hour trips to our cabin with dogs so stopping to charge is not an option hence why we bought a hybrid. Love having a hybrid. You get the benefits of an electric without the range anxiety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Plot twist.. dh wants to look at Teslas. He too is not a fan of Elon Musk but the mileage range is high and they have a lot of chargers. He never wants anything so if that’s what he wants we will go with it. But we are also considering a Prius prime to pass on to DS in a year or so.
    I think it's worth looking even if you're not a fan of Elon Musk (which I'm most definitely not). The brand did pave the way for all-electric vehicles and since so many people have one, the infrastructure is in place for support (charging stations, etc). I kind of feel like the company can't mess up too badly...too many people own their products. I'm honestly waiting for them to hurry up and make a minivan that seats 8 and can handle cargo with removable seats. They already have a cybertruck platform so...hurry up and make the van!

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

UPDATE: Thanks for all the input. We ordered a Tesla model Y long range last night! I went to look at the model 3 and Y- I found the 3 cramped and hated the trunk- reminded me of a fish mouth lol I feel we will end up using the Y a lot more for road trips within CA, at least.
    Then I wake up to more Musk news that turns my stomach… But I guess we just have to get over that! I swear every other car in our neighborhood is a Tesla so they better not screw up!
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    UPDATE: Thanks for all the input. We ordered a Tesla model Y long range last night! I went to look at the model 3 and Y- I found the 3 cramped and hated the trunk- reminded me of a fish mouth lol I feel we will end up using the Y a lot more for road trips within CA, at least.
    Then I wake up to more Musk news that turns my stomach… But I guess we just have to get over that! I swear every other car in our neighborhood is a Tesla so they better not screw up!
    Congrats! They're great cars, despite the horrible CEO. There's a reason why so many people own them. I knew 10 minutes into our test drive that DH would want to buy the car, lol!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Question from the update in #33. We were at Tesla today and I felt like the cabin space, especially when I compared backseats, was the the Y and 3 were the same in the backseat. Front seemed the same in both. Only the cargo area was different in terms space. Did you feel differently about cabin seating?
    This won’t be our family car so not really concerned with cargo space so planning on the 3 but curious about your impressions.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4