Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I made several types of cookies already and we have a few more planned:
    Gingerbread (I make gingerbread canycanes, glaze the with white icing, and add red sugar stripes)
    Russian tea cakes
    Sprinkle sugar cookies
    Cocoa snowflakes
    Pecan pie bars

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Liziz View Post
    I've already made press cookies. They're always fun and easy, if you have a cookie press!

I'm planning to make peanut butter blossoms as they're family favorites (the peanut butter cookies with a Hersey's kiss on top) -- https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes...a-53cef4be6db6

If you're looking for something quick, easy, and delicious, we also love making Buttons -- https://www.bunsinmyoven.com/buttons/ -- I can never find the pretzel rings, but I usually can find a "grid" like pretzel that works great too. If you want a fun variation, use a Rollo candy instead of a Hershey Kiss.
    Aldi’s has the circle pretzels! I bought them to dip in chocolate. We use the waffle ones to put a rolo and pecan half on to make turtles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

For those making Spritz or pressed cookies, what recipe do you use? I had a Wilton press years ago and loved those recipe on the box. My press broke, I threw out the box, and the one on the Wilton website doesn’t taste the same to me. We have an Oxo press with a ton of fun designs that the girls like to help with.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I never got into making cookies. We make a dessert traditional in my mom’s South African family. DS specifically asked for it as his birthday cake substitute. He’s a Christmas birthday. Surprised me that’s what he wanted for his birthday. Think he’s been missing home cooked food now he’s at college and responsible for his own meals. Already asked me to teach him a few other things

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post
    Christmas Crack - there is a huge demand for this, people complain if I don't gift it "early" enough lol. There are many variations on this recipe (graham crackers, pretzels, more sugar, different nuts) but this is the best IMHO. I have already made 5 trays and I'm behind.

Christmas Crack (er, Bark)
    1 sleeve saltine crackers
    1 cup butter
    1/2 c light brown sugar
    12 oz semi sweet choc chips
    1 cup chopped pecans toasted

- preheat oven to 350deg
    - place crackers in one layer on parchment lined baking sheet with sides
    - melt butter and brown sugar in medium saucepan. Cook for 3min stirring constantly (should be the consistency of caramel)
    - pour butter/sugar mixture over crackers, spread evenly
    - bake 15min (13 on convection)
    - Remove from oven and sprinkle with choc chips. When they start to melt spread evenly over the entire layer of crackers
    - Sprinkle chopped pecans on top
    - Refrigerate 1hr
    - Remove from fridge and crack into pieces
    - Try to not eat the whole tray. I can get about 3 gift boxes out of each tray.

To make things even easier you can buy the already chopped pecans and the mini chocolate chips melt faster.
    I make Christmas Crack too. We use the mini chocolate chips and almonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    This has been a big hit this year. It’s one of those viral TikTok things lol but it’s really tasty, easy, and relatively healthy. I served it straight from the freezer. I used a rolling pin on top of parchment paper to flatten the dates and again after I added the nuts, to help it stick.

https://booboosbakery.com/easy-chocolate-date-bark/
    Ooo, this looks interesting and good! Adding it to my Pinterest!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We're keeping it pretty basic around here, but DD and I might try making Dorie Greenspan's chocolate thumbprint cookies (except instead of jam or chocolate, we would like to fill the wells with dulce de leche) in addition to our usual oatmeal-cranberry, chocolate chip, and double-chocolate chip (we've played with this one a bit to incorporate cocoa powder into our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, and find the best results come from adding the cocoa to a mix of bread flour & AP flour.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Does he like to grill/smoke? One of our favorite updates to a classic… smoked Chex mix!

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    For those making Spritz or pressed cookies, what recipe do you use? I had a Wilton press years ago and loved those recipe on the box. My press broke, I threw out the box, and the one on the Wilton website doesn’t taste the same to me. We have an Oxo press with a ton of fun designs that the girls like to help with.

This is my recipe, which is what my Mom used to use when I was growing up. The "original" recipe calls for margarine, but these days I rarely have margarine around and often make them with butter instead. I find most people prefer the butter, but when I want the taste I remember from childhood, I make sure to buy margarine. It really changes the taste.

Ingredients:
    1 cup margarine
    ¾ cup sugar
    1 egg
    1 tsp vanilla
    ½ tsp salt
    2 ¼ cups flour
    ½ tsp baking powder

1. Cream together margarine and sugar. Add egg and vanilla.
    2. Sift salt, baking powder, and flour, add to creamed mixture.
    3. Place dough in a press about 2/3 full.
    4. Press dough on to cookie sheet, and bake 10-12 minutes, until edges of cookies are not quite brown.
    Lizi

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I make Christmas Crack too. We use the mini chocolate chips and almonds.

Ooo, this looks interesting and good! Adding it to my Pinterest!
    It was a bust in my house when I made it in 2020 but I grew up eating it without nuts; as I don’t like most nuts, and the recipe we had didn’t have nuts. You can also make it with graham crackers.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    It was a bust in my house when I made it in 2020 but I grew up eating it without nuts; as I don’t like most nuts, and the recipe we had didn’t have nuts. You can also make it with graham crackers.

Bust here too. I totally don't get the love for it. Graham crackers sounds better than saltines though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast