ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default DH's vacation days are stressing me out!

DH is burning off vacation days for end of year. I work full time from home and am not taking time off until the kids are out for winter break.
    Today he has rambled on to me about his (apparently successful) grocery coupon success and gotten annoyed when I tried to walk away to return to my computer. And he has started decluttering DS1 (15) room, while DS is at school. Which involves throwing away anything DH thinks is junk. I dug out several unopened small toys and games from a giant garbage bag that I could easily give away.
    I'm not sure I can handle 3 more days of this!
    And I find myself angry all over again that none of these days could have been taken earlier in the year when the kids had random school holidays.
    ncat
    mama to DD 12/04, DS1 11/08, and DS2 7/13

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I feel you. Having DH home stresses me out. Thankfully he mostly works in the office. I hear you on the not able to take days off when helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Oooo, I feel this soooo deeply! My DH has had some schedule changes in the past year that have had him home a lot more during the time that I'm home during traditional work hours. I love him deeply, but goodness that was a rough transition! We've *mostly* figured it out by now, but it was a really tough adjustment!
    Lizi

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just started being able to work one day from home again after 2 years back full time in the office. DH has worked full time from home since 2020. About half of the Fridays I've been home, he's had some reason to be out of the house. (Field visits, etc.) Dear heavens it's crazy how much easier it is for me to work when he's not home. Yet, I know that I'M the one intruding on his work by just being there after so long of not being around.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Today he is doing more "cleaning". Has been asking vague questions about cleaning products and refuses to provide specific details about what he is planning to clean.

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Oh, goodness. Can you maybe give him a specific list of things you _want_ him to clean? The garage, the garden shed, attic, ect???

Ugh, yeah, he needs a list of projects of things you want done and think he can't harm anything in the process.

I also totally feel you as he's burning these days he hoarded when using them for a no school day in October or other random need would have actually been helpful. DH has finally started taking the days I ask him to now that he has an obscene amount of time off.

I wish i could give dh a list of projects or at least be advised of his list. List of secret projects included taking our shower apart hours before my parents arrive. Stuff went wrong because he doesn't know what he's doing and he had to shut all the water off while I have laundry running (and more loads queued up), dishes to wash, and am in desperate need of a shower myself.
    Who does this kind of ill advised diy plumbing with the worst timing ever?
    Hopefully we won't need to find an emergency plumber today before we can turn the water back on.

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ncat View Post
    My DH...didn't know he had a brother!
    DS 2/09

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ncat View Post
    I wish i could give dh a list of projects or at least be advised of his list. List of secret projects included taking our shower apart hours before my parents arrive. Stuff went wrong because he doesn't know what he's doing and he had to shut all the water off while I have laundry running (and more loads queued up), dishes to wash, and am in desperate need of a shower myself.
    Hopefully we won't need to find an emergency plumber today before we can turn the water back on.
    I am so sorry! This sounds like a total nightmare. Hopefully his "vacation" goes quickly, lol!