ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Air fryer bacon?

I have an Instant Pot Vortex drawer style air fryer. I haven't tried bacon in it yet because I read some reviews that the excess grease causes smoking. I have thick cut bacon to make tomorrow morning for breakfast and just want an easy way to prepare about 10-12 slices. I normally do it in the microwave on a large plate layered between paper towels to soak up the grease, but that still drips grease in the microwave. Would air frying be less messy? And what temp./time should I air fry for?

Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have a drawer style air fryer and bacon is awesome in it. I do it around 400 for 9 minutes. But, I have no idea what it is like in your style one.
    The oven works great for bacon. I use my broiler pan and line the under layer with foil for easier clean up. 400-425, 15-20 minutes. Way better than the microwave

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

We just make it in the oven. Our air fryer got gross and greasy the one time I tried to make it in the air fryer.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Oven for sure. Line a baking sheet with foil. I usually put it in at 400 for 15-20 min? I start checking at 15 min and then keep a close eye on it. Usually looks just a touch undercooked when I take it out, but is just right after draining on paper towels. When I wait for it to look perfect it is slight over cooked for me.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I bake it in the oven - put it in a cold oven set to 350. Pull it out when you smell bacon at about 30 minutes.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have never done it (I have the IP air fryer lid) and I still cook bacon in a pan on the stove. My mom has done bacon in the oven and I don’t care for it. (Sorry to be the voice of dissent here)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)