gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default I miss them already. :(

Ds1 is leaving tomorrow to go back to college. I’m already sad to lose him. The last 2 weeks flew by and when I finally had a chance to relax and just enjoy my kids, I ended up sick in bed for 3 solid days. Three days lost and a total blur. It’s not fair. I want him to stay. But of course I don’t tell him that because he’s itching to get back and be with his friends and girlfriend. If I asked him to stay home, he might do that for me. I just can’t do that to him.

It’s hard being mom.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Awwww, I’m sorry. I’m already pre-grieving for when DD leaves next fall. I’m sorry you missed a few days because you were sick. Can you visit him for a couple of days during the semester?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

hugs that sucks sorry you were sick and good work being a mom who let's him go grow (same boat here).
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I got sick too and had to cancel several fun plans with my dd before she goes back. It sucks! I think it gets harder to say goodbye again. I really enjoy her company now that she is more mature and responsible around the house. I don't have to "parent" her as much and I can just enjoy her. She is actually helpful and made me dinner!

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I feel like it's a bit harder each time. DS left on 12/27 and was here just 10 days. It was a very fast visit. I'm looking forward to spring break in March.
    Kris

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

You really don't want him to stay... Mine is staying (medical leave of absence required by their team of doctors) and I am heartbroken for all of us. DC needs to be back at school and I need my life back... Enjoy their successes.

I know this is the bitching post. Sorry to hijack. I am just sad...