hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default DH has covid and we need to move my mom

We are moving my mom to a new place (assisted living/independent living/memory care options). She moves on Monday and is supposed to come stay with us on Saturday. DH tested positive today for covid and is SICK sick (fever, cough, sleeping all day). So I am moving her to move in with us on Sunday (last possible day) and we have a guest room on a different level for her but MAN what crappy timing. And I feel bad for him because it isn't just a positive test it is like a flu sick (we have had covid that was more just a positive test vs actually sick sick) and he has an important work thing next week which I don't think will happen.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your DH. Is he eligible for Paxlovid? I'd try to get him a prescription ASAP, especially since it needs to be taken within the first 5 days of symptoms to be effective.

Crossing my fingers that your mom stays healthy. Have your DH wear a mask when he's out of his room (even better if she wears a high quality mask, too). Are you in an area of the country where it's feasible to crack the windows open just a bit? Ventilation helps a ton.

I'm so sorry! Hope your DH feels better soon, and that your mom (and the rest of your household) avoids infection!
    Last edited by wencit; 01-04-2024 at 05:11 PM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wencit View Post
    Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your DH. Is he eligible for Paxlovid? I'd try to get him a prescription ASAP, especially since it needs to be taken within the first 5 days of symptoms to be effective.

Crossing my fingers that your mom stays healthy. Have your DH wear a mask when he's out of his room (even better if she wears a high quality mask, too). Are you in an area of the country where it's feasible to crack the windows open just a bit? Ventilation helps a ton.

I'm so sorry! Hope your DH feels better soon, and that your mom (and the rest of your household) avoids infection!
    thank you! yes we are in a place where we can have open windows and he will stay in the master bedroom until he is well. Plaxovid he has taken before -- will ask him what he wants to do when he wakes again.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wencit View Post

Yes, to this as well! I'd 100% push him to take Paxlovid so he can clear the virus quicker and test negative sooner.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)