AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Disney transportation to and from airport? Mears Connect or Uber/Lyft?

Are people using Mears Connect or Lyft/Uber? I was ready to book Mears Connect but the recent Trip Advisor was full of recent 1 star reviews. Complaints were late busses, no busses, broken luggage wheels, not being able to find the pick up spot, and it taking too long to get too and from the airport to the resorts. The cost of Mears for the 3 of us (DH, Dd2, and myself) is $100.80 total round trip. (We are flying Delta so our terminal is B which is wear ground transportation is).

I priced out a reserve Uber to and from and is $65 for an UberX early evening pick up around 7:30 pm, and $35 for a 7 am resort pick up (and IME non reserved prices are usually a bit cheaper). I couldn’t make a reservation for a Lyft.

Thoughts (our arrival is 1/31 and our departure is 2/5)?
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Mears was great when it was included in the price of your stay. I wouldn't book it now that you pay out of pocket. Uber was quick and painless. Might cost a few dollars more but worth it to me.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

You don’t need to reserve an Uber or Lyft. They are plentiful 24/7.
    I would not choose Mears.
    I have paid $35-55 for a Lyft on our trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    You don’t need to reserve an Uber or Lyft. They are plentiful 24/7.
    I would not choose Mears.
    I have paid $35-55 for a Lyft on our trips.

Thanks. Yes I usually never reserve an Uber/Lyft until I get to the curb but I just did it to see what the potential price would be, and it is usually $10-$15 less when I do a curb pickup. I am leaning towards the Uber/Lyft option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We've used Quest for the Best, car service, the past few trips. Family of 4 and it's $45 each way. I've heard complaints, like you stated, about Mears. The FB group Ear for Each Other (which started during the pandemic) has several current/former cast members who've created transportation services. Quest for the Best is licensed and insured.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    We've used Quest for the Best, car service, the past few trips. Family of 4 and it's $45 each way. I've heard complaints, like you stated, about Mears. The FB group Ear for Each Other (which started during the pandemic) has several current/former cast members who've created transportation services. Quest for the Best is licensed and insured.
    Ooh I will have to look them up. Thanks for rec. . The WDW Prep School Blog video I watched on YouTube had recommended Quicksilver but they were $250 RT. They also had a positive trip with Mears which made it seem easy so I was kind of surprised to find so many 1 star reviews on Trip Advisor.

Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

PSA for anyone - Be sure to check both Lyft and Uber. Flew home from MCO the other night and to get from our airport to home varied greatly. Uber was $110, but Lyft was $34. crazy difference.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Definitely have both Uber and Lyft and compare them whenever you want to use them. Lyft is almost always the winner but you never know. Good tip!

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Definitely have both Uber and Lyft and compare them whenever you want to use them. Lyft is almost always the winner but you never know. Good tip!

Yes I always do check the two apps. For me Lyft is usually the winner too, but sometimes I end up with an Uber.,

Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,