lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Bleu Cheese is Better Than the Blues - 2024 Whine and Cheese Thread

That it took me until February to open this year's whine-and-cheese party is, perhaps, a good sign.

IDK if I'm in need of a vent or whatever it is, but if YOU need it today, please use the thread to blow off some steam.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

We are having an issue where 9th grade boys are saying REALLY inappropriate things on Snapchat about DD (12th grade) and DS1 is “yelling” at everyone to stop talking about his sister. DS said it’s so bad he won’t even tell me. It’s probably because DD has really big boobs and her insta account is public. She doesn’t post much…generally a couple pics from concerts, dances, and vacations (so there are a couple of her in a bikini from our trip to Hawaii 1.5 years ago, and some low cut ones from prom and homecoming). So I suggested DD put her insta account private, and then DD said that I was part of the problem because I wouldn’t feel the same way about someone who was skinny with no boobs and that she should be able to do whatever she wants. I told her I don’t think any minors should have public bikini pics on Instagram no matter their body shape or size. So that is fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Overwhelm is a real thing; it's why I struggle to get DD involved in more activities (although, I have to say, getting her involved in more activities than in-person talk therapy, speech therapy, and GS is daunting and I really do not want to commit to MORE anything right now) and when DH insists that she needs "more structure," I balk.

Right now, we are sorting through recommendations for out of district placement for DD for high school. None of the options feel right for what she's going through and DH feels like the middle school admin and child-study are pushing to get her out of district.

I'm burnt out and overwhelmed with all of the stuff DD has been dealing with, because I AM THE PERSON DEALING WITH IT. Not DH. ME. And now he's trying to insert himself into the process without actually paying attention to what she gets, what the law entitles her to, and what else is going on in her world ... and I'm exhausted. I cannot manage our neurodivergent child AND my spouse at the same time.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m sorry you’re struggling and your DH is making it harder for you. Sending you hugs and support.

I?m sorry, that sounds really rough. I?d try to block out your DH and just focus on your DD. I hope you can find something that works for her for high schoool

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)