Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Loop ear plugs. They block enough noise (like DH and the dog snoring!) that I fall sound asleep. But they are not so noise cancelling that I wouldn't hear if there were an emergency. I travel with my Loops now too. This past weekend in a hotel with DD2 and the AC unit was obnoxiously loud and our room was next to the elevator so I could hear the mechanics of that. Loops saved me!
    I'm very interested in ear plug. Do they stay in ok? I"ve tried the foam ones and the wax plug but they do not stay in my ears. I'm desperate to try something new.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I bought a weighted sleep mask because DH is up with the light on later. But I've found the gentle weight helps me fall asleep much faster on those nights when I know I need to sleep but don't feel tired.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0B1T...b_b_asin_title

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Kris

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Sleep aids - what works best for you?

Honestly…wine, and two Advil after a night of a few glasses of wine. I haven’t drank anything though in almost a year (a year on Sunday) due to some issues with my liver protein levels being high so wine and Advil hasn’t been helping in the last year. (FWIW it is nothing serious and I have done all of the required tests but I just kept going on the no alcohol thing and have a follow up at my yearly appointment in two weeks and then will decide if I can add back in the occasional glass of wine or mixed drink).

I have been taking one Benedryl at night because it seems to be the only thing that really helps with my allergies and also helps me sleep (if I take 2 I will be knocked out for hours and I will have brain fog when I wake up). It does work quite well but my husband says I snore when I take it. That probably means I am super congested. I plan on trying it on the plane when I fly to and from Europe this summer.

I have Loop ear plugs and they are okay. I wish they blocked out more sound honestly as I need it to be super quiet when I sleep….anything wakes me up. These are my first ear plugs and I can feel them in my ears which bugs me. Sometimes I can leave them in all night and other times I take them out because they bother me. If you are used to the single use earplugs then you will probably think that these are great, but if you have never worn earplugs it might take some time to get used to.

Exercising at night also helps a bit but I honestly haven’t been that great about doing it recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 02-22-2024 at 12:55 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    I bought a weighted sleep mask because DH is up with the light on later. But I've found the gentle weight helps me fall asleep much faster on those nights when I know I need to sleep but don't feel tired.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0B1T...b_b_asin_title

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    does this stay on your face if you roll over?

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
    does this stay on your face if you roll over?
    Yes I’m looking for a sleep mask that will stay on!

OP I’ve been trying sleep mask, lavender oil on temples and on a tissue inside the pillowcase, and trying to have an earlier bedtime. I’ve had some success, but still need to work on it. I also tracked my sleep with my Apple Watch. I sleep walk and do things in my sleep that disturb DH. The tracking of my sleep cycles and DH telling me what I did, made me realize that as I go into the awake phase of the sleep cycle, I see shadows that I then investigate - the sleep mask helps with this. So maybe track your sleep and see if you can work out what’s causing the issue

I should really do a sleep study. My sister has similar sleep walking episodes as did my dad, I read it can run in families.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
    I'm very interested in ear plug. Do they stay in ok? I"ve tried the foam ones and the wax plug but they do not stay in my ears. I'm desperate to try something new.
    The "loop" part fits against your outer ear and holds them in place. The entire thing is flexible silicone if you get the "quiet" model. They have different versions of Loop. Some are made for events (concerts, car races, etc) to protect your ear but allow you to hear. Some are for ADHD/sensory/workshare just to cut down on the noise. But quiet are meant for sleeping.

I do feel them but it's not uncomfortable. I also find on occasion they must make my inner ear hot and I can feel moisture or maybe ear wax move if I'm sleeping on my side. But it's a rare thing and not something that would wake me up.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Sleep aids - what works best for you?

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    The "loop" part fits against your outer ear and holds them in place. The entire thing is flexible silicone if you get the "quiet" model. They have different versions of Loop. Some are made for events (concerts, car races, etc) to protect your ear but allow you to hear. Some are for ADHD/sensory/workshare just to cut down on the noise. But quiet are meant for sleeping.

I do feel them but it's not uncomfortable. I also find on occasion they must make my inner ear hot and I can feel moisture or maybe ear wax move if I'm sleeping on my side. But it's a rare thing and not something that would wake me up.
    Yes I have the same issues. I thought I was crazy for thinking that they caused my ears to produce more wax. Me not liking them in is definitely a psychological issue with me because I know they are there (just like why I can’t sleep with a watch, ring or other Fitbit like device on me).

Dd2 ended up using them (after I packed them) on our Disney trip because she shared a room with myself and dh and said they worked great.

They are super easy to clean (I wouldn’t generally share them with other though but Dd2 didn’t think it was odd….he he).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

When I've had periods of prolonged sleep problems, I've used Unisom to help reset and get the sleep I need. Most of the time, I'd use sleep meditations on the Headspace app and then listen to a mindless podcast. It gives my brain something to concentrate on but nothing that requires work.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

When I was traveling for work, I swore by the Sleep Pillow app, it was one of the apps I used with the kids when they were little and I loved it, I'm sure Calm, etc. have similar sounds, but I haven't used any of them for a while. I'd put it on and pass out. My kids both love listening to Calm stories but I don't think I could go to sleep with one, I need white noise.

I never thought to use my Loop earplugs for sleeping, I'm going to try that (I use them performing when it gets too loud on stage)

I take Natural Calm but I can't say I see a difference one way or another. I'm looking for a better mag supplement that won't hurt my stomach. And am going to talk to my dr. about progesterone at my next appt. My bed has a vibration/massage setting and that usually knocks me out, it's the staying asleep part I struggle with.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

Quote Originally Posted by echoesofspring View Post
    When I was traveling for work, I swore by the Sleep Pillow app, it was one of the apps I used with the kids when they were little and I loved it, I'm sure Calm, etc. have similar sounds, but I haven't used any of them for a while. I'd put it on and pass out. My kids both love listening to Calm stories but I don't think I could go to sleep with one, I need white noise.

I never thought to use my Loop earplugs for sleeping, I'm going to try that (I use them performing when it gets too loud on stage)

I take Natural Calm but I can't say I see a difference one way or another. I'm looking for a better mag supplement that won't hurt my stomach. And am going to talk to my dr. about progesterone at my next appt. My bed has a vibration/massage setting and that usually knocks me out, it's the staying asleep part I struggle with.
    I am trying out a magnesium supplement from Designs for Health called TriMag Supreme Night. I can't say yet whether it helps sleep but it does not cause stomach issues.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast