Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I wonder if she had female surgery. Imagine if the press got ahold of that….the horror….no more royal babies. I hope she is okay and people need to stop speculating that something is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I understand the not speculating on a personal level, but this isn’t Kate next door. I am much more interested in the whole environment of the continuation of the royal family and the press environment. As an outsider it’s interesting from a historical perspective. If I was a UK citizen I think I would 100% be entitled to ask about the current royal household system, not just from a taxpayer view, but how it has been used over the years from a political and social standpoint.

My interest in what she had done is not I need to know her medical information. It is just that they obviously were misrepresenting the situation from day one and that was fine, privacy and all. But now there is some kind of weirdness that is unsettling. It reminds me a little of the early free Brittany movement when most people were, leave that poor woman alone she’s obviously got serious mental health issues. Then it was, hey, is she being held as a legal captive unable to make decisions for herself when they spend all her money? Sometimes those internet crazies stumble across the truth.

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am wondering if she wasn't in the hospital for 2 weeks. And that was a decoy. Maybe she was wisked away to recover at home and that's why William was never seen at the hospital. It sure would have kept people off their backs.

I had paid absolutely no attention to Kate's current status but now this article has me curious. It's fascinating and I can see why everyone is speculating. Wonder if we will ever know the truth or part of the truth. Now I'm hooked!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm a big fan of Kate's and I was alarmed with the initial press release that she'd need surgery and so much time to recover. I thought it was great that she was able to "ask" for that in light of how much suffering Diana suffered at the hands of the press and how much pressure she reportedly felt. I thought it was a healthy boundary. There has been SO much stuff out there, not really the legitimate press so much as crappy social media stuff. Like everything KP would post would have a "Where's Kate?" comment which I found annoying when they have clearly expressed that she has asked for privacy for a health concern until at least after Easter and have provided (albeit tersely worded) updates from time to time.

I feel like they submitted a badly photoshopped image to get people to back off and clearly it did the EXACT opposite. It was such an amateur move, not just from the standpoint of photography but from the standpoint of PR. So that was poorly done by KP. I still wish it would just go away though and that Kate can recover in peace. Easter isn't that far away. Though I will say that now that the conversation about "Where's Kate" has moved from circles of people who KNOW that she's recovering from surgery but just want to sow chaos and discord, to the general public who have happened onto this crazy story from the PR angle, the tone of the conversation has shifted from hostile bullying to one of puzzlement and intrigue and seems much kinder by consequence!

I personally hope that KP stands firm and let's Kate heal. We probably will never know the whole story here because William and Kate seem a lot more like QE2 in that she was able to keep her weirdly public/private life fairly guarded for her whole life.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
    I am wondering if she wasn't in the hospital for 2 weeks. And that was a decoy. Maybe she was wisked away to recover at home and that's why William was never seen at the hospital. It sure would have kept people off their backs.
    I've been curious if it is a mental health breakdown or substance use. Given William didn't really visit and she hasn't been seen. I could see it being extensive inpatient therapy with no visitors for the initial weeks and then very carefully planned out patient after. Diana and Sarah were public with their mental health struggles, as have been Harry and Meghan. The quotes from the Uncle about being in good hands/good care and he'll have an opinion if/when the royals talk about it would align with that too.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by chlobo View Post

I watch all the European, Jordanian and Japanase royals with interest by following a few blogs and websites. I love to see what clothes they are wearing! But mainly I’m in it for the historic jewels. I’m a magpie in so many ways…

One of the bloggers I follow thinks this is all a tempest in a teapot. Kate had something serious done but nothing life threatening (which you can tell by Prince William’s good mood while he’s out and about making appearances and answering questions). And like Chlobo , I don’t think she was in the hospital that long. She just wanted to keep the press out of her personal business. Her illness was clearly something she didn’t want in the news. I think people have been so used to seeing her in public that the sudden withdrawal from public made speculation and hysteria go up. So Kate has made a point to be seen in public (once riding in her mom’s car with her), and then by releasing a photo with the kids.The British royals don’t usually release a Mother’s Day photo so this was definitely done to calm the hype.

But the hysteria over Kate won’t die down easily. Kate admitted to editing the photo somewhat (probably because it’s impossible for an amateur photographer to get all the kids to look that good at the same time. Ask me how I know this). She did a hasty job editing before the photo got sent off. She admitted to this. And the media went wild with more speculation and insisting they get the original. I think the royals gave this Mother’s Day photo as a concession and thought screw the media they should be grateful for the one photo. They said from the beginning of this we won’t see the Princess until we do so I doubt we get more communications.

I am very curious though what ailment she is recovering from. I don’t think it’s plastic surgery. You can always tell when Queen Mary of Denmark is having plastic surgery because she’s reported to have an extended vacation/business trip with her family from which she comes home looking a little different. No judgment frankly. I can’t imagine being in the spotlight your whole friggin life. I really hope these ladies (and men in some cases) love the families they married in to. What a life.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 03-12-2024 at 12:30 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by anonomom View Post
    But yeah, releasing a very obviously photoshopped photo, then refusing to release the original, is just a bad move. How on earth did anyone, much less a team of royal PR consultants, think that was going to go well? All it does is add fuel to wild speculation.
    Maybe Taylor can loan her Tree Paine for a bit and we can get the royal PR back on track! This whole thing is bananas.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m not a Royals watcher but I have been sucked into this! Why put out a photoshopped pic!? Someone on Twitter allegedly put forth the pic from a little bit back that was used to make this altered pic, but I think fake as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    I’m not a Royals watcher but I have been sucked into this! Why put out a photoshopped pic!? Someone on Twitter allegedly put forth the pic from a little bit back that was used to make this altered pic, but I think fake as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Like why didn't KP photog take the pic? Or even if for privacy William took the pic, why wouldn't KP do the editing to do it correctly? It just seems like an odd move for an institution the carefully manages every aspect of public (and private!) life.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

PZMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I went down the rabbit hole a week ago. Something is way off. She was glammed up and propped out on the stairs hours after giving birth. But now some sort of surgery has her out of the public eye until June?? It doesn’t make sense.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast