Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by bcafe View Post
    I love the fact that she is impressed that you, as an adult, know about this 'stuff'.
    Yes, she was so impressed. Her class is online, so she’s been showing me all the quiz questions. This past week, it was something like Christine has a hospital bill for 3,000. Her deductible is 500. How much will her insurance pay? Options were 500, 2500, 3000, and 3500. So easy! There was another question and the answer was “out of pocket maximum.” I knew all the answers on the house buying and renting unit too. Same with the tax unit. It’s all basic adulting. But I truly don’t think they will get it until they have to deal with these things in the real world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We had DD put together a decision matrix to compare various aspects in addition to costs - 4 year graduation rate, employment for grads in her major, research opportunities, etc.
    She ended up going with the school she wanted, but it was a useful exercise for her to look at the extra costs and articulate the value. She is taking the FAFSA direct loans so she has a little skin in the game (we would have covered in state tuition fully).
    ncat
    mama to DD 12/04, DS1 11/08, and DS2 7/13

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5