Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    daisy13 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mackmama View Post
    You could ask her current AoPS teacher if she could teach her privately over the summer
    great Idea - will try.

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    Does your state have a virtual school? Florida has FLVS and kids can either do full or individual classes ds3 did summer geometry between 8&9
    unfortunately no. Not for everyone. only for kids failing a current course. I am in Ca.
    Last edited by daisy13; 03-19-2024 at 05:42 PM.

Kindra178 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Check BYU and Indiana U high schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

My Ca public school freshman just came home and said the high-school offers virtual classes over the summer. Her school is offering Methods/Smartfox classes.

3isEnough is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

A lot of kids at our CA high school take summer classes through Opportunities for Learning. It’s free and our high school (which is very picky about what classes they’ll add to a student’s transcript) accepts OFL classes. I can’t speak to how good the courses are since we haven’t used them yet, but parents at our high school, which is high-performing and competitive, seem to love OFL.
    Last edited by 3isEnough; 03-21-2024 at 07:05 PM.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Our school has an online affiliation. Have you talked to your school? Sorry if that is a repeat. Also, confusef about something...they are signed up for geometry so is the intention to get out of geometry next year? Otherwise, won't it be a boring repeat?

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Our school has an online affiliation. Have you talked to your school? Sorry if that is a repeat. Also, confusef about something...they are signed up for geometry so is the intention to get out of geometry next year? Otherwise, won't it be a boring repeat?
    OUr Highschool does double acceleration in 9th grade - so her course next year is Geo/ Alg2 and intro to Pre calc- which I think is a lot to cover in a year.She does have options to do single acceleration (Geo only) , as she is already in a single acceleration class in middle school. Most of her friends in double acceleration take some kind of supplemental math outside to help them cope with the speed of instruction. So she wants to get ahead a little with covering Geo in summer. Dropping to single acceleration , if double proves to be too hard, is always something we would consider.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2