Default Pinkeye? It's been so long....

My 18 yo is home for spring break. Last week of school she was sick...probs something viral. When she came home last Thursday the corner of one eye was a little pink. It's been that way every day for the past 5 days. She said she wakes up a little crusty. It doesn't hurt.

Could this be pinkeye? Especially coming at the end of a virus? Should I bring her to the dr or will it go away on it's own? I don't even know what dr to bring her to -- optometrist, GP?

I feel like it's been 15 years since I've had to deal with something like this. And I just don't remember.

TIA
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmomagain View Post
    My 18 yo is home for spring break. Last week of school she was sick...probs something viral. When she came home last Thursday the corner of one eye was a little pink. It's been that way every day for the past 5 days. She said she wakes up a little crusty. It doesn't hurt.

Could this be pinkeye? Especially coming at the end of a virus? Should I bring her to the dr or will it go away on it's own? I don't even know what dr to bring her to -- optometrist, GP?

I feel like it's been 15 years since I've had to deal with something like this. And I just don't remember.

TIA
    Is it getting any worse?

It may be viral pinkeye since she was sick.

DS2 had pinkeye twice in the last year and a half. Before that it had been years. Once I took him to the GP, and she gave him an antibiotic drop. The second time I took him to the eye dr, and she gave him a better eye drop that worked much quicker. She said that usually if it's bacterial it will spread to the other eye and continue to get worse, which was the case both times for DS. His entire eye was pink and full of yellow gunk. She said viral tends not to be so gunky. If you end up taking her in, I think I would see an eye dr if possible.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

How is it tonight?
    If the same or worse, I’d go to the ped or GP tomorrow. Hugs
    K

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

If you have some chamomile tea, steep a teabag in about a 1/2 cup of water, let cool, then put a few drops in the affected eye. That always cleared ours right up!

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Waiting for her to wake up to see how it looks today. I made an appointment with a GP for tomorrow just in case.
    I do suspect it's viral since it hasn't gotten any worse.
    Im game for trying the chamomile tea trick!
    Her sister is lactating and I tried to get her to use breastmilk in her eye, but that was a no-go, lol.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmomagain View Post
    Waiting for her to wake up to see how it looks today. I made an appointment with a GP for tomorrow just in case.
    I do suspect it's viral since it hasn't gotten any worse.
    Im game for trying the chamomile tea trick!
    Her sister is lactating and I tried to get her to use breastmilk in her eye, but that was a no-go, lol.
    I was just going to suggest breast milk in a joking way since that’s what was recommended for babies…lol.

I’d just go to the doctor and get prescription eye drops.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I was just going to suggest breast milk in a joking way since that’s what was recommended for babies…lol.

I’d just go to the doctor and get prescription eye drops.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If it's viral, the eye drops won't work. I had pink eye for 2 weeks. It turned out to be viral. The only thing that provided relief was doing eye washes. Once I started doing them, my eyes cleared up a few days later. Maybe it helped, maybe the virus ran its course. I was in bad shape so it was a long 2 weeks.