KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Executive functioning coach

One of my DC very much needs an executive functioning coach. Has anyone had their DC utilize one online? Any recommendations?

This is very much one of those situations where DC needs to hear advice/instruction from someone other than a parent.
    K

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

we have had some luck (and some bad luck) with in person tutors -- on the good luck side we have had 2 who were aids in schools and one who was a sub at a school focused on kids with dyslexia. Run of the mill tutors we have had less success with. Sorry I dont have any ideas for on line.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Guidance counselor at school or maybe someone in your school's parent group FB page may have a local recommendation?
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My DS1 (20) has been using one since he went back to college in January. She meets with him on Zoom (started out weekly). DS2 (14) is also supposed to be using her but refuses. DS1 likes her. DS2 is extremely stubborn and doesn't take help from anyone. She was recommended to us from the director of support services at our independent high school. Here's her website: https://www.danitkaya.com/
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    One of my DC very much needs an executive functioning coach. Has anyone had their DC utilize one online? Any recommendations?

This is very much one of those situations where DC needs to hear advice/instruction from someone other than a parent.
    OP thank you for asking this question as it's something we have been talking about at home. Looking forward to reading replies.
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Was literally just searching for this the other day!

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My DS (14) has been using one for about 6 months. She’s a friend of mine from college that I saw post about her business on Facebook. They meet via Zoom and it seems to be going pretty well. Mostly, like PP said, it keeps me from having to be the one to trying to keep him on track. And he is much more likely to implement a suggestion from her than from me.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012