Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    NCGrandma is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default College kids' attire

Since so many of you have kids in college, or about to be, I hope you can answer a question

I live in a college town, but seldom go downtown (mostly because I try to avoid all the unattractive new development). On Saturday, I found myself on the main drag around noon and there were tons of students pouring from campus to the many eating places. No surprise there, but I *was* surprised to see that at least two-thirds of them were wearing pajamas and bathrobes. Not loungewear, but "I just rolled out of bed and grabbed the first thing I could find" bathrobes…

Is this typical where you or your kids live? I don’t really care, but it surprised me. There are over 60,000 people who live here — it’s not a small college town with mostly students.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Pajamas, yes, Bathrobe, no.

JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The pajama thing seems to be "in" right now. Its in high schools as well, at least here. Just re-read your post and wanted to add that wearing pajama bottoms as outside pants is what is being done here, not really bathrobes.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

NCGrandma is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yes, the bathrobes were what particularly caught my eye. Everything from pink terrycloth to random grubby ones. Maybe someone else will chime in and we'll know where this trend originated…

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Pajamas, yes, Bathrobe, no.
    Same here. Never seen anyone in a bathrobe! Maybe it's a tradition they do during midterms, day before spring break, or something?
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Last fall I taught a 9 a.m. class with 150 mostly freshmen enrolled. On an average day I saw in the range of 1-5 students wearing pajama pants, but never robes. Most of them wear leggings or sweatpants or other athletic pants/shorts. I would guess less than 10% usually wear jeans or other pants or skirts.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

I live in a college town and I just saw this for the first time at the grocery store an hour ago.
    I would have said the "uniform" right now is sweatpants and oversized hoodies. Also pajama pants instead of sweatpants. But I hadn't seen the bathrobe out and about until today.

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Do there go out in public and wear pajamas? Yes. many do, my eldest being one.
    Am I jealous? Also yes.

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Pj pants, yes. No to bathrobes but it sure is funny!

firstbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have not seen that trend yet. My college kid doesn’t own a robe and my soon to be college kid doesn’t have one either. I’ll have to ask college kid if that’s a thing at their school.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast