Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

When I went back to college, some students did wear pajama bottoms and Uggs to class. No different than leggings!

DS sleeps in athletic shorts so he could wear his pajamas and no one would know!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Mine or his girlfriend are not pj bottom kids but joggers / shorts and t shirts are definitely the norm
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    Yes, the bathrobes were what particularly caught my eye. Everything from pink terrycloth to random grubby ones. Maybe someone else will chime in and we'll know where this trend originated…

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    Is it possible it was "Pajama Day" or some other themed thing and therefore an anomaly? I'd also have been surprised by bathrobes but not pajama pants.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Not college, but at our high school, wearing robes and blankets to class was a big enough thing that they specified that those were included in the pajama ban. My children say this has not stopped kids from wearing robes & blankets to class.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Blankets were banned at Dd1’s high school last year.

I see pj pants all of the time at the middle school and the public high school near us when driving by. I haven’t seen anyone wearing a robe.

I live 10 minutes from a major university and two other smaller ones and I don’t drive around those locations that often but when I am at Target I usually see the college kids wearing comfy clothes ranging from athleisure to pj pants but haven’t seen a robe. Most wear a college or university t shirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

At DS2s high school and his track club team practices and meets, I see kids wearing flannel/fleece pajama pants and slippers every time. But I've never seen a robe or blanket.
    I did see someone walking into Target last week wearing a bathrobe over their clothes (which I didn't see other than the pajama pants). I didn't see how old they were.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Funny. My son had an AAU tournament about 30 minutes west of us. We stopped in the Starbucks after lunch and two girls came in wearing straight-up PJs. One in a shorts set and the other in long pants. I did a doubletake and then just stared at them. DH and DS always tell me my face says exactly what I'm thinking. I'm sure it did Saturday. lol

I'll add that I just ordered this PJ set from the DVF X Target line. But I plan to wear it with the sleeves pushed up and with cute sandals, dangly earrings and a black tank. I won't look like I just rolled out out of bed. (Gracious.)

https://www.target.com/p/women-s-2pc...64#lnk=sametab
    Last edited by carolinacool; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:26 PM.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I see the pjs here but not robes.

I will say a robe makes a perfect layer for waiting before a marathon. Our marathon has huge bins to collect discarded layers to wash and distribute to people / agencies in need.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Have been on DD's campus and in stores twice in the last couple months - no bathrobes. Hard to comment on PJ bottoms - kids wore them in HS here too so I wouldn't have really noticed. But yes sweats/leggings/PJ bottoms are the usual attire.

I frequently see flannel and fleece pajama pants worn by the high school kids but haven't seen the full out pajamas or bathrobes. I'm not on college campuses enough to notice but DS1 and I just did an accepted student visit and most students seemed to be in leggings or joggers.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast