athompson is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Another San Diego travel post!

We flew in a couple of days ago and are staying in a beautiful hotel on the beach in Oceanside. I love the funky vibe here. We've had a great time so far, and we would love any suggestions North or South of us. We've done the safari park, beach, pool, cat cafe, Brandy Melville shopping, and great walks and restaurants. We do have a car. Let's hear everything! We'll likely be back soon, so whatever we don't have time for, we can add to the list for next time. The kids are 15 and 17.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Have you seen the sea lions in La Jolla? We found a cute restaurant there and between the sea lions and the food had a great half day in La Jolla. I'll see if I can find the name of where we ate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasparkl View Post
    Have you seen the sea lions in La Jolla? We found a cute restaurant there and between the sea lions and the food had a great half day in La Jolla. I'll see if I can find the name of where we ate.
    Oooh, good idea! Thank you!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Birch Aquarium. Walk down and eat at Caroline's Seaside Cafe. Pair with sea lions.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Cabrillo Monument, it's a National Park I believe, has some of the best views in the city too. They have tide pools so if you are there at low tide, wear the right shoes.

Coronado Island, wander the halls of the historic Hotel Del Coronado, the beach out front has "gold" in the sand.

Balboa Park, it has some neat buidings, smaller museums that can be toured in an hour.

Are the Padres playing? Petco park is pretty cool.

If you're still in the area, I would definitely suggest wandering around Carlsbad Village- super cute shops, tons of restaurants, and not far from Oceanside at all. Encinitas is great too, lots of surf shops and I think there's still a record shop in the area.

JamiMac is online now Platinum level (1000+ posts)

From Oceanside I would go up and explore San Clemente and Dana Point. It’s an easy drive north through Camp Pendleton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DD 2001
    DD 2004
    DS 2007

Thanks, everyone!