Default iphone repair question

The back glass of my iphone is severally cracked, it doesn't really bother me b/c I have a cover on it so I never even really notice it, but I was thinking I should get it fixed while I still have apple care on the phone (it's a 13), esp since DS is about to turn 13 and we've talked about him getting a phone, which would really just be mine or DH's. The nearest store is about 45 min away, I could send it in but then it looks like I'm w/out a phone for 5-9 days which feels like a long time. I assume that the repair isn't going to be a real repair and they'll just swap my phone out for another one. Does anyone know if I take it to the genius bar if that's what will happen and I'll walk out with either a fixed phone or a replacement? Or do you think they'll just box it up and mail it to me and I'll still be looking at another week w/out a phone? first world problems I know....
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by echoesofspring View Post
    The back glass of my iphone is severally cracked, it doesn't really bother me b/c I have a cover on it so I never even really notice it, but I was thinking I should get it fixed while I still have apple care on the phone (it's a 13), esp since DS is about to turn 13 and we've talked about him getting a phone, which would really just be mine or DH's. The nearest store is about 45 min away, I could send it in but then it looks like I'm w/out a phone for 5-9 days which feels like a long time. I assume that the repair isn't going to be a real repair and they'll just swap my phone out for another one. Does anyone know if I take it to the genius bar if that's what will happen and I'll walk out with either a fixed phone or a replacement? Or do you think they'll just box it up and mail it to me and I'll still be looking at another week w/out a phone? first world problems I know....
    It is likely a repair and not a swap. They should be able to do it in store. If you have a Best Buy nearby, they also do in-store AppleCare services.