Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default keep those in Ventura, Los Angeles, and Butte Counties in your thoughts.....fires....

There are a few different wildfires raging right now in California. One is in Paradise, CA (outside of Chico, about 2 hours north of Sacramento) and according to news reports last night the entire town was up in flames. The Woolsey Fire is in Ventura County (Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village, and Oak Park), and in LA County (Simi Valley, Agoura Hills, Malibu, and Calabasas) are effected and 75,000 have been under mandatory evacuations. My sister in law’s parents live right off one of the closed off ramps off south of the 101 in Agoura Hills, and thankfully her parents are safe and left the area yesterday morning for vacation. She is not hopeful that their house will survive.

I know we have a few moms in the Western LA County and Ventura areas so please keep them in your thoughts.

The Santa Ana winds are awful in Santa Ana today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 11-09-2018 at 02:37 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have friends who have had to mark themselves "safe" twice in the last 24 hours. First for the shooting and now for the fires. The TO, Newbury Park community will be needing a lot of support. They poor father who was bawling on camera broke my heart.
    DD
    DS

There’s my hometown and my family still lives in the surrounding communities. My sister could see flames from the hill fire from her house and my dad slept through a (suggested not mandatory) evacuation call in the middle of the night for the Woolsey Fire. They are both safe. My childhood home (no one I know lives there) is in the evacuation area.). Fire us raging across from my childhood synagogue (Torah has been evacuated).
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My MIL and my BIL and his family were both evacuated last night. My kids are all out of school so I’ve been focusing on them. I’m dying to turn on the radio but don’t want to worry the kids. I know so many families that had to be evacuated—maybe hundreds.

DH was supposed to work from home today (it’s normally a flex day for him) but his boss decided to make everyone come in for a team building exercise at 4:00 so DH took the train (which is good since the freeway is closed) On his way into work today he saw that there is now a fire at Griffith Park that he can see from his office. Im currently not happy with his boss but maybe I’m just projecting my anger and frustration at the whole situation!

We’re fortunate to be out of the path of the fires for now. The kids and I are prepping our house in the event that we have evacuees come and stay with us.

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sending all of you in California good thoughts. This whole situation with the fires and shooting is crazy.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It’s crazy here. These fires are so scary!!!

My school should be closed due to winds and smoke but instead we are sheltering in place all day. So much fun with 22 kindergarteners!!! ��. Plus 4 of our teachers could not get to work today because they are in the fire area, and not enough subs are available due to so many teachers not able to get to work. The air is so bad!!!

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    On his way into work today he saw that there is now a fire at Griffith Park that he can see from his office. Im currently not happy with his boss but maybe I’m just projecting my anger and frustration at the whole situation!
    The Griffith Park fire is now under control according to the news report I just watched. My office is right across the freeway and the photos I saw from co-workers before I got in were pretty scary. They started evacuating the animals from the LA Zoo, but I think at this point there's no danger to the animals/zoo anymore.

My dad is being evacuated now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This was the view from DH's office window in Woodland Hills today. He came home early. Driving the kids to school this morning I could seem the giant smoke cloud from the Malibu fire and the smaller yellow smoke plume from the now contained Griffith Park fire. I know at least 2 families from our school who were evacuated in the middle of the night last night. I also know a family in Agoura Hills who have 2 horses. I hope they were able to get them out safely. Lots of celebrities live in Malibu and Calabasas. Lady Gaga and all the Kardashians have been evacuated I heard. I'm in Sherman Oaks and the air seems clear here. DS2 goes to school in North Hills and they stayed inside for recess and lunch as a precaution although I didn't smell any smoke there either.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Air quality is terrible here. I can't imagine what it's like nearer the fires. I know someone whose house was burned to the ground near Chico (she and her husband got out in time). It's terrible.

for Sandy Hook

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast