Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

For sharpening, my mom used a German manual pencil sharpener with three blades, you went thru it progressively to get a sharp point. It had a bit of a learning curve. I would be careful about electric sharpeners. They may eat a lot of pencil unless it is a good one. But then, for $24, does it matter if it gets eaten a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by urquie View Post
    I had that same problem today, here's the solution...

Look directly below the price, where it says "prime/free one day… Delivered tomorrow for free… "

And then the next line down it will say "note: available at a lower price from other sellers"

Click on "other sellers," That will give you the list of all sellers and it will tell who is selling and at what price. Currently, it has Amazon selling it at $22.86. Once the manager saw that, they gave me the 110% price guarantee… $14ish for a pack! :-)

Staples keeps these in a back room (bring them the card hanging under the shelf tag and they will find the right item) - our boxes look just fine.
    This worked for me too. The team manager said they were "cracking down" on price matching, so it has to be sold and shipped by Amazon, not other sellers. I got it for $15.xx after price match last night Thanks, OP.

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Sometimes the BBB can be such a bad influence.

https://www.amazon.com/Prismacolor-P...acolor+markers

It is only the 24 set with case, and is not the screaming deal the pencils are - unless Staples carries these as well. Sold and shipped by Amazon.

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thank you ladies! I just picked them up for $16.40 at my Staples. It took them awhile to figure it out, but it was worth the time
    DS 2/09

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by robinsmommy View Post
    Sometimes the BBB can be such a bad influence.

https://www.amazon.com/Prismacolor-P...acolor+markers

It is only the 24 set with case, and is not the screaming deal the pencils are - unless Staples carries these as well. Sold and shipped by Amazon.
    Thanks for this! Mine just arrived and I love them SO much. I need to order a set for DD for Christmas.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I picked up a set but they only would match the price and not do 10% more.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    Kris

cheme is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

My Staples refused to price match even though I could show them that it was sold by amazon.com. They said the difference was too big! Oh well, I was feeling a little bad asking. Even though staples is a big corporation, I worry about hurting brick and mortar stores. However, I'm not sure why they have the policy if they won't honor it!

Quote Originally Posted by cheme View Post
    My Staples refused to price match even though I could show them that it was sold by amazon.com. They said the difference was too big! Oh well, I was feeling a little bad asking. Even though staples is a big corporation, I worry about hurting brick and mortar stores. However, I'm not sure why they have the policy if they won't honor it!
    Through their online chat, I was able to do the 110% price matching. They gave me no grief whatsoever, only asked for the staples item number and the amazon link. I wasn't sure if they needed it but I also gave them the link to sellers. Since I bought 4 sets, I got free shipping to my home, but I also could have picked it up in store for free shipping. The only caveat is I waited for a phone call to give them my cc number, which was about an hour later.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by aimeet View Post
    Through their online chat, I was able to do the 110% price matching. They gave me no grief whatsoever, only asked for the staples item number and the amazon link. I wasn't sure if they needed it but I also gave them the link to sellers. Since I bought 4 sets, I got free shipping to my home, but I also could have picked it up in store for free shipping. The only caveat is I waited for a phone call to give them my cc number, which was about an hour later.
    Did you buy online and get price matched?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Did you buy online and get price matched?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    No, I did the online chat. I gave them all the information and they started a draft order with everything but my credit card number. Then someone from Staples called me an hour later for my credit card number. After that, I got my confirmation email and am expecting to receive my order Tuesday.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast