Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Livie Luca Gold Celestinas.
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I always loved Livie and Luca around that age, but DD only has had 2 pairs because they are so expensive.
    We also did Stride Rite fisherman sandals- 2 pairs of those as well. Cute and sturdy, but also pricey.
    I know Target usually has some basic fisherman sandals that look nice. My niece has had those and they look like a solid choice.
    We have done Keens for the past 2 years and have been happy.
    A lot of people like Crocs too- but we don't usually wear those anywhere except our back yard.
    DD
    DS

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I would highly recommend Keens or Keens knock-offs (there are plenty of affordable ones).

Fisherman's sandals with closed toes - Stride Rite, Gymboree and a bunch of other brands make them. For DD1, I bought ours in EUC on eBay for like $5 apiece and they're still in great shape for DD2 - who has the world's tiniest feet, so is not going to fit in her sister's sandals for a while.

for Sandy Hook

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD3 is close to 21 months, and just barely wears a size 5 shoe. We tried See Kai Run and Umi- they were both too wide. We tried Stride Rite fisherman sandals- every single SR pair of shoes I bought within the last two years has something wrong with the velcro. It drives me nuts. Naturino was a good brand for DD- but they didn't have any sandals in the store. Our last ditch effort was to try on Keens (and they worked), but I was more than willing to try other alternatives. DS wore SKR fisherman sandals until he outgrew the line.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

They aren't closed toe, but I love Teva Psyclone 2s. My DD has had a pair every summer since she started walking. They are the only sandals that have fit well and haven't rubbed her feet at all ( new Keens have already rubbed).

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We are in a hot, humid climate. 3-year-old DS's summer shoes are:
    See Kai Run sandals
    Crocs
    Stride Rite sneakers for when we go to the zoo or another place that requires a full day of walking

The Crocs are his favorites by far.

ETA Maybe it's easier with a boy, but my preference is to buy a few pairs of good quality shoes rather than lots of pairs of cute, cheap ones

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I am very anti-flip-flop ... and DD has to have closed-toe shoes for daycare.

She has a wide foot, so shopping for fisherman's sandals in the girls' department was a total bust. As was shopping for regular sandals that she might wear a couple of times with dresses at parties or whatever.

So ... I went to my beloved boys' section for things to try and we got two pair similar to these:

http://www.striderite.com/store/Site...ultOption=true

(And, no, I didn't pay $49 for them.)

She wore sneakers and Crocs last summer, but had friction issues from the Crocs, so I refuse to buy them ever again. I bought her a pair of super-cute sandals by Circo at Target but they gave her blisters & cut into her ankles & feet, so they're also on the "never again" list. I was drooling over Saltwater Sandals on Zappos, but can't bring myself to spend a lot on shoes she won't wear that often, KWIM?

We'll be in the market for new aquashoes in a few weeks; I saw some at BRU that I'd get if I could figure out sizing better than the Speedo ones at Target.
    Last edited by lizzywednesday; 05-10-2012 at 09:31 AM.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by rin View Post
    We got DD a pair of Keens for this summer, and we love them. A little girl in her class has Target-brand shoes that look basically just like Keens. No personal experience with them, but I saw them at Target and I think they were $15-$20 or so, so they might be worth trying out.
    I didn't see the keen knock offs at Target. My local store didn't have much to choose from at all. I will check another store. Seems like they are worth trying out.

I really like some of the SkR styles, but keeping an eye out for any deals!

TxCat is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

OP - we're in hot and humid Texas, so I feel your pain.

I guess I'm the outlier - DD has two pairs of open-toe SKR sandals and no accidents yet (knock on wood). She also has this pair of Pediped Mary Janes that she wears almost daily - sturdy, closed-toe and don't seem to get too hot or sweaty.
    DD1 10/2010
    DD2 8/2013
    And expecting DS1 10/2016

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We love the Stride Rite fisherman-style sandals. Our girls are wearing these this summer:

And here's the version for younger toddlers:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast