Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    AmyZ is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default Any Rainbow Loom fans?

Where are you buying your replacement rubber bands?

They have them on Amazon, but no Prime shipping. (gasp!)

Learning Express has them for $3.99/bag, I think... hoping to do better.
    Our string quartet is complete

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DS loves his loom but we've been buying the rubber bands at Learning Express. We used a coupon when we bought the looms and a bunch of bands but I would love to get a better price.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

anonomom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD got a rainbow loom for her birthday. The bands look very similar to the little hair bands Walmart sells. Those are $2.50 for a tiny tackle box of 500 bands. Maybe those would work?
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

calv is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

ac moore has them 3 bags of (300 I believe ) for $5. lots of great colors!

Madelyn is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by calv View Post
    ac moore has them 3 bags of (300 I believe ) for $5. lots of great colors!
    Wow-great price! Wish we had AC Moore here. The OP posted this in February but as this fad catches on, maybe more people will post and more stores will sell them. I bought my daughter her original kit off of Ebay in late July. Back then none of our local stores (Austin, TX) area had them in stock. Then the next week, Learning Express got them in stock. My sister got my daughter lots of refill bands at Learning Express and when she goes for the free classes there, I will buy bands there there to support the store. I have purchased one pack of solid pink at Target. They are not the official bands. They were in the section near the registers and Dollar Spot where trading cards (baseball, Pokemon, etc) are sold. Can't remember the quantity and price of the pack. Maybe $1.99 or $2.99 for 300? I have also noticed the off brand ones at Walgreens but cannot recall the details. My biggest score was at Sally Beauty. I noticed the packs of hair rubber bands that were 400 for $1.49 (Beauty Club price but not much more for non-members). The coupon for that month was B2G1 free. So I got 2 multi-colored packs and 1 pack of black, a total of 1200 bands for around $3. I believe the B2G1 pack free deal was only for August though. My daughter is able to use these bands with her loom although she says she likes the softer feel of the ones from Target best. Michaels also carries the Loom and refill packs I believe but they are excluded from sales/coupons. So I think they are the same price as Learning Express.

malphy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

five below sells the 300 packs that ac moore sells. they are 3 for $5
    Maggie
    dd 12/06

octmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by malphy View Post
    five below sells the 300 packs that ac moore sells. they are 3 for $5
    Ooh, I'm so glad to know this! We just got a five below in town this summer, and my kids are very into Rainbow Loom right now. Lots of kids at their school are making stuff with it now.

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD2 just got one for her bday, and the gift-giver included 3 extra bags of bands, so can't help there. (Although someday she may run out so it's good to know this. )

But in a hijack, where are you going to find additional patterns besides the basic one that came with the instructions? Their web site (rainbowloom.com/instructions)?
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

octmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post
    DD2 just got one for her bday, and the gift-giver included 3 extra bags of bands, so can't help there. (Although someday she may run out so it's good to know this. )

But in a hijack, where are you going to find additional patterns besides the basic one that came with the instructions? Their web site (rainbowloom.com/instructions)?
    If you google Rainbow Loom and look for YouTube videos, you'll find plenty. There is a young girl who posts videos that are easy to follow. I think her You Tube account is Ashley Steph.

calv is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by octmom View Post
    If you google Rainbow Loom and look for YouTube videos, you'll find plenty. There is a young girl who posts videos that are easy to follow. I think her You Tube account is Ashley Steph.
    Ditto, youtube the way to go. We pause, play, pause the ipad as they're making it. FYI, claires has the elastics & the charms 2/$5Not a bad deal

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast