Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TxCat is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Music player for the nursery?

I tried doing a search, but maybe I wasn't using the best search terms...

Basically, I want a good/decent music player for DD's room (she is 6 months). Hopefully something that will be there for at least a few years. I am undecided about CD player vs. iPod dock. Technically, I have an iPod that I could "give" over to DD and fill with music for her but I think a CD player would be easier.

What has everyone else used? Any T&T recommendations? Thanks!

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have a basic CD player in each room........they are on the cheap side (~ $30), but I just wanted something small that has a "reapeat" function. I think I found both at walmart.
    DD1's lasted about two years before it died........and that's with continuous play for 5+ hrs. every day.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

We use an old iHome radio and an old iPod Nano. It also accepts my iPhone, so we stream Pandora radio (Toddler Radio is AWESOME, btw!!) through it sometimes too.

Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.
    --Dr. Seuss

Penelope Grace
    Born 02.25.2010

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We use a Bose CD player in the nursery. We haven't gotten the cable to hook an ipod up to it yet so are just usings CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny's Pappa View Post
    We use an old iHome radio and an old iPod Nano. It also accepts my iPhone, so we stream Pandora radio (Toddler Radio is AWESOME, btw!!) through it sometimes too.
    That is exactly what we do. And ITA about Toddler Radio although The Wiggles drive DH insane when he hears them (he really hates the song "Wake up Geoff" for no apparent reason).
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

hez is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I found a clock radio with a CD player & iPod dock at Target... so we do a combo of CD's I never loaded into iTunes, and mixes of songs off the iPod. That's for DD

DS has a hand-me-down clock radio that just plays CD's. He's 7, so old enough to manage it all on his own. When this clock radio poops out, we'll get one with features like DD's for him.
    Heather
    Mommy to DS (9/03) and DD (5/08)

We had an old iPod and an old set of speakers that weren't being used. I downloaded white noise and out them in the nursery. That is all I have used them for at this point.

Catherine

karstmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

j has an older nano & an ihome. i have a long playlist called 'time for nah-nahs' that i play bits of every night.

why doesn't cable tv radio have a lullaby station?? whywhywhy? that would be so great for visiting somewhere & have to rock the baby & don't have your home set-up.
    mama to j karst, former 25 weeker, 12/06

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I got a cheap Memorex CD "boom box" from WalMart. It was $20-30 or so.
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Penny's Pappa View Post
    We have a Sony Dream Machine CD/radio clock that we just got (it was very hard for us to find it actually). It does have an audio input spot that I am assuming you can use to plug in an Ipod, etc.

Does anyone know if Zune can work like the Ipod/Nano in this aspect? Can you stream Pandora from a Zune?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast