Default long shot-but need help about statue of liberty ASAP

of course I left it pretty last minute since I thought it was straightforward, but am meeting my childhood friend from overseas visiting NYC tomorrow. She got tickets to go up the Crown with statue of liberty which includes a tour around liberty island and Statue of Liberty.

I couldn't tell from the SOL website but I just want to buy tickets to the Statue of liberty island itself. I have no interest to go up the crown since I have a minor that cannot go up with us anyway. But it shows timed tickets??? timed tickets for the ferry itself or to tour the island? I couldn't tell which is which for timed part.
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

I have bought timed tickets for the ferry (no tour) before. It saved a lot of waiting in line to buy them online ahead of time. But I didn't look into options with a tour so I don't know what all is available if that's what you are looking for.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

dhano923 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Children under 4 cannot go up, but ages 4 and up can go to the Crown.
    Mom to:
    DS 10/03
    DD 11/05

It's the time for the ferry line. If not doing crown or pedestal, and the just the island, it's just for the ferry and there aren't specific, for example, 10am, boats - just a time to be on the line and the boats keep running constantly to transport everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by dhano923 View Post
    Children under 4 cannot go up, but ages 4 and up can go to the Crown.
    We’re definitely not doing the Crown portion. So no worries on that.

Quote Originally Posted by elbert View Post
    It's the time for the ferry line. If not doing crown or pedestal, and the just the island, it's just for the ferry and there aren't specific, for example, 10am, boats - just a time to be on the line and the boats keep running constantly to transport everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    I finally figured that out, seems just to keep things moving along. I also had couple of other questions asked from reading trip advisors responses on how the ferry and SOL portion worked. Only took me 2 hours of reading and browsing to find that out

Thanks all for the prompt responses anyway, I’m all set now for the adventure now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Be prepared for a long security line. I think the crown tickets come with a priority pass that the ferry only doesn’t. We haven’t been in a few years, but the line was ridiculous.

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The line wasn’t that bad when we went last August, but we went on a Thursday. We didn’t even get off at the statue, just went to Ellis Island. We also did the hard hat tour of the Ellis Island hospital grounds. It says no one under 13 or 16 I think, but my daughter was able to go at 11. Basically they said they can’t take families with several young children that may not listen, but one well behaved kid is fine. I learned a ton about both Ellis Island and the US Public Health Service on the tour. It was $35 a person, all volunteer run and all money went to the fund to preserve and rehab the grounds.