Thread: Costco couches

Default Costco couches

Has anyone purchased the large microfiber sectionals at Costco? I am eye balling the dark brown one for $999. Any opinions? I have an almost 3 year old, 15 month old and a baby due anyday so need something sturdy that will last a few years.

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We bought a small microfiber sectional last year for $400. We have a 2 year old that loves to bounce on it. It seems to be holding up very well. It was very stiff when we first got it but now it is fine and doesn't seem to be getting saggy at all. For the price I am very happy. It is easy to sleep on, too.
    DS 2/09

My parents bought one of them last year also. They are really happy with it. It doesn't get nearly as much use as it would in a house with kids, but it seems to be holding up well.
    DD - 12/07
    DS - 1/11

happymomma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We bought a sectional sofa from them about 2 1/2 years ago. It was a L shape with an ottoman. I loved it and still do. It was firmer in the beginning but it's held up well. At that time it was only $750. It's so comfortable. One of my best buys.

We just bought a sofa, chair and loveseat from Costco, but we decided on leather this time around. Previously we had a microfiber sectional (similar to the one at Costco) purchased from American Signature Home. I bought the stain protection package at the time of purchase and they couldn't remove some of the stains, so replaced the entire sectional. We had the new sectional three years and I was so fed up with the stains again that we gave it to my B-I-L and went with leather. It was still very comfortable and the fabric was in decent shape (if you don't count the stains). Microfiber is not supposed to be cleaned with water. I don't think we ever spilled anything really challenging on the old sofa- I even made a rule that no food/drinks, etc, were allowed near it.
    Maybe we are just slobs but the cleanability (is that a word) is now an important feature for me.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MeyersDVM View Post
    We just bought a sofa, chair and loveseat from Costco, but we decided on leather this time around. Previously we had a microfiber sectional (similar to the one at Costco) purchased from American Signature Home. I bought the stain protection package at the time of purchase and they couldn't remove some of the stains, so replaced the entire sectional. We had the new sectional three years and I was so fed up with the stains again that we gave it to my B-I-L and went with leather. It was still very comfortable and the fabric was in decent shape (if you don't count the stains). Microfiber is not supposed to be cleaned with water. I don't think we ever spilled anything really challenging on the old sofa- I even made a rule that no food/drinks, etc, were allowed near it.
    Maybe we are just slobs but the cleanability (is that a word) is now an important feature for me.
    I'm not sure if it's just the type of microfiber we have or what, but our couch is 6 years old and covered in microfiber. We were told to only clean it with a damp cloth, but it is scotch guarded. That being said it looks brand new still and it's had a 100 lb lab around it and a 2 year old spill just about everything on it and still looks brand new. I've cleaned off dried milk, mustard, ink, etc with just a damp cloth. The lady at the furniture store told us microfiber is the best material for kids/ pets etc.

Microfiber is good - but because it's a flat tone it really does show any stain. They're all supposed to clean up with anything, but some do water-spot. Bissell upholstry foam is supposed to be safe on just about anything. But then the whole reason for buying a Cosco sofa is so you don't have to freak out when the kids trash it it.
    Leather is really the best way to go for durability. "Bonded Leather" is also indestructable, but that's because it's polyurathane. The only leather in it is pulverized into the backing.
    Nancy
    DD Cara Flynn 10-25-05
    DD Lilah Jane 10-25-10 (How about that?)

We have had microfiber for 2 1/2 years and it hasn't stained at all, BUT we have a chocolate brown sectional. I think the color really matters.

PP, when my daughter saw the artist smiley she asked, "Why is that person painting a picture with a worm?"
    DD - 12/07
    DS - 1/11

LOL! Worms - the preferred paint brush of emoiticons everywhere.
    You're totaly right about the color. Also there are newer micros with different textures that would hide more.
    Nancy
    DD Cara Flynn 10-25-05
    DD Lilah Jane 10-25-10 (How about that?)