Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Success! I found a sunscreen that doesn't leave white residue!

Thanks to everyone who replied to my earlier thread. I bought the All Terrain Kidsport Natural 30spf SPRAY () and tried it on DDs today. It left no white residue at all! It was reasonably priced, scored a 3 from EWG with a "low" in health concerns, and was recommended on the safe mama blog that someone posted in the thread. The only drawback is I've never seen it in stores. But, winner, winner, we have a winner!!! I really appreciate all of your advice.

ETA: http://www.amazon.com/All-Terrain-Ki...7122503&sr=8-2

ETA2: Thanks to Belleoftheballflagstaff for the orginal recommendation.
    Last edited by TwinFoxes; 06-03-2011 at 01:46 PM. Reason: added full name of the product
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Thanks to everyone who replied to my earlier thread. I bought the Kidsport 30spf SPRAY () and tried it on DDs today. It left no white residue at all! It was reasonably priced, scored a 3 from EWG with a "low" in health concerns, and was recommended on the safe mama blog that someone posted in the thread. The only drawback is I've never seen it in stores. But, winner, winner, we have a winner!!! I really appreciate all of your advice.
    I've never heard of this. Where did you get it? I need to know! Also, what are the ingredients?
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    I've never heard of this. Where did you get it? I need to know! Also, what are the ingredients?
    I had never heard of it either someone recommended it in my earlier post (I have to go back and see who it was). Here's the link to the EWG page

http://breakingnews.ewg.org/2011suns...ray%2C_SPF_30/

The active ingredient is zinc oxide, it's a physical not chemical sunblock.
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    Also, what are the ingredients?
    ETA: ingredient list was for lotion, not spray
    Last edited by ett; 06-03-2011 at 01:37 PM. Reason: ingredient list was for lotion, not spray
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    From Vitacost.com

Ingredients: Z-Cote zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, octyl methoxycinnamate, benzophenone-3, water, dimethicone, caprylic/capric triglycerides, cetyl alcohol, ceteareth-21, aloe vera gel (aloe barbadensis), glycerine, xanthan gum, corn starch, sea kelp extract (macrocystis pyrifera), grapefruit seed extract (citrus grandis), cucumber extract (cumcumis sativus), bladderwrack extract (fucus vesiculosus), tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), ascorbic acid (vitamin C), lecithin, citric acid, methylparaben and propylparaben.
    These aren't the ingredients on the one I got. I think it was reformulated this year, there are no parabens. That was a big concern of mine. All of the ones safemama.com recommends are paraben free.
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks. which one is it? I saw several on Amazon.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    These aren't the ingredients on the one I got. I think it was reformulated this year, there are no parabens. That was a big concern of mine. All of the ones safemama.com recommends are paraben free.
    Oh sorry, that was for the lotion, not the spray.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Thanks. which one is it? I saw several on Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/All-Terrain-Ki...7122503&sr=8-2

Sorry, I should have posted this link in my initial post, I'll do that now. Although, yikes, it wasn't $20 when I bought it!

ETA: I just checked, it was $11 + free shipping when I bought it!
    Last edited by TwinFoxes; 06-03-2011 at 01:38 PM.
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I ordered the same one from Amazon the other day for DS1 to use at summer camp.

The one I ordered didn't have parabens or vitamin A (those are big no no's on my list).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DKTD8O

Here's the ingredient list from Skin Deep:
    ZINC OXIDE 19% OTHER INGREDIENTS: ALOE VERA (ALOE BARBADENSIS) GEL, BLADDERWRACK (FUCUS VESICULOSUS) EXTRACT, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDES, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, CUCUMBER (CUCUMIS SATIVUS) EXTRACT, D-ALPHA TOCOPHEROL (VITAMIN E), GRAPEFRUIT (CITRUS GRANDIS) EXTRACT, JOJOBA OIL, MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE (VITAMIN C), SEA KELP (MACROCYSTIS PYRIFERA) EXTRACT, SUNFLOWER (HELIANTHUS ANNUUS) OIL

http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product/...ORT_SPRAY_30_/
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yay! I have a bottle on the way! My problem was that I could not find the stuff anywhere but thanks to TwinFoxes and BelleoftheBall, I got that amazon link.
    DD
    DS

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast