Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Vacuum recommendations? Not $$$

It is that time... Getting new carpet in the basement and need to be better about vacuuming regularly. Old one is dying. I don't want to spend much over $200 and would love something lightweight since I have carpet on at least part of all 3 floors so will be hauling up and down a lot. No pets, just a 2 year old

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My parents love their Shark Navigator. I recommended it to them based on the reviews here.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

PZMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Shark Navigator! It is under $200 if you get it at bed bath and beyond with a 20% off coupon. We've had ours for 5 years and it still works great!!!

JamiMac is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yes, Shark Navigator. But make sure it's the professional model. There is a lower end one that isn't quite as nice. I like ours better than our Dyson. We got it at Costco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DD 2001
    DD 2004
    DS 2007

Costco puts its Shark version (rotator?) on coupon every so often. Think I got for $150?

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

Yea to the shark pro. I bought on sale on a holiday weekend with coupon at BBb and that was cheaper than Amazon and others. I bought it as a spare to keep upstairs but I honestly like it better than our $$$ main one. Not sure how it will last bit it really does a superior job so far.

Love my shark. I don't remember the exact version, but I went for a slightly higher end model to get a longer cord and a light. I borrowed my neighbor's Shark when my vacuum died and it was the lower version that didn't have a light. I never realized how much I vacuum in the dark evidently.

I used Discover cashback to get BBBY giftcards ($20 cash gets $25 card) and a 20% off coupon.

We got a Shark shortly after the new year and I looooove it!! Prior to this I had a couple of Bissells, but I really prefer the Shark. It has a long warranty, it's light and easy to maneuver, great suction and easy to clean filters. I bought mine at Target for around $160 on sale.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Another vote for Shark! Love mine. I don't even want a Dyson anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys

Wow, looks unanimous!! Is the Shark Navigator Liftaway Pro ($199 at BBB) the one I want? Not the Shark Navigator Liftaway Upright (does not say pro)? Off to go look for a BBB coupon, I'm sure I have one somewhere

Edit: Ooh, it is actually $144 on Amazon today, maybe I'll get it there! Or is there a difference between "standard roll brush" and "premium roll brush" options?
    Last edited by gymnbomb; 07-28-2016 at 11:18 AM.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast