Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jam224 View Post

Haha, funny you should mention that! That's exactly why I need to pick up a second! I hand wash ours every single night and I would really like another to rotate. Yes, there are lots of other lunchbox options! For stainless steel, there are LunchBots. If you don't mind plastic and want a cheaper price-point, there's the Yumbox and the Bentgo (I have a Yumbox as our "backup" and have never needed it or have been tempted to switch from our Planetbox, if that says anything). For the most affordable option, Easy Lunchboxes and Ziploc have their own versions of divided containers.
    jam224 gave lots of good alternative options! The ones I tried and have on rotation are the lunchbox and the zliploc divided rectangle containers; those two are RARELY USED, because DS1 had some difficulty opening his ziploc container. DH uses those for himself now. I wouldn't want to give those two options to DS2 largely because of his potential struggles to open it, etc.

I bought the rover 3 years ago for DS1 when he was starting his PreK years, and it's perfect size for that age. Now for him as a rising 1st grader, i'm getting him the launch box mainly because he eats a ton!!
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post

I bought the rover 3 years ago for DS1 when he was starting his PreK years, and it's perfect size for that age. Now for him as a rising 1st grader, i'm getting him the launch box mainly because he eats a ton!!

hmm, i was thinking about this too. glad to hear i'm not the only one. my DS is 7 and in first grade and the kid EATS.SO.MUCH. I feel like i stuff his Rover lunch box every day, and i sneak in a Danimals smoothie in the bag pocket as well. And every day he finishes everything. Plus snacks in morning, after lunch, and in aftercare. And then he eats dinner! I am always amazed by people who had kids the same age and who barely eat their lunches and what not. I don't know if it's a boy thing or what (my DD eats very little by comparison and she is only a year yonger). My DS is pretty active.

i am wondering if i should spring for the Launch, that maybe I could either try to use myself or could try DS using it. i never considered planetboxes for myself because although I take my lunch every single day, I am a hot lunch person (99% of what i eat must be microwaved, so i use glass for everything). though i see they have that glass insert for the launch. i would never give that to my DS but I would use it. ..

i just noticed that the 22% discount only applies to lunchboxes, and not any accessories, FYI. makes me wonder if i should just order the Launch now while they have the discount.

i was going to order some of those containers for the Rover with the sililids. we only have the old kind which we never use, especially once since we got the colorful silicone ones.

ah, decisions, decisions!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    hmm, i was thinking about this too. glad to hear i'm not the only one. my DS is 7 and in first grade and the kid EATS.SO.MUCH. I feel like i stuff his Rover lunch box every day, and i sneak in a Danimals smoothie in the bag pocket as well. And every day he finishes everything. Plus snacks in morning, after lunch, and in aftercare. And then he eats dinner! I am always amazed by people who had kids the same age and who barely eat their lunches and what not. I don't know if it's a boy thing or what (my DD eats very little by comparison and she is only a year yonger). My DS is pretty active.

i am wondering if i should spring for the Launch, that maybe I could either try to use myself or could try DS using it. i never considered planetboxes for myself because although I take my lunch every single day, I am a hot lunch person (99% of what i eat must be microwaved, so i use glass for everything). though i see they have that glass insert for the launch. i would never give that to my DS but I would use it. ..

i just noticed that the 22% discount only applies to lunchboxes, and not any accessories, FYI. makes me wonder if i should just order the Launch now while they have the discount.

i was going to order some of those containers for the Rover with the sililids. we only have the old kind which we never use, especially once since we got the colorful silicone ones.

ah, decisions, decisions!
    i know! DH was commenting how he'd love to have the launch size, but his office was a really nice cafeteria so it doesn't really justfiy the use for him. He works from home 2x a week as it is, and eats leftover lunches from home 1-2x a week leaving him that one day which he usually orders something from the cafeteria. If i was still working in my old office, i would order it for myself as used to bring in daily lunch.

DS1 is the same as your DS! i can see him using the launch easily daily, if it was DS2 on the other hand, i wouldn't order it for him. I would get the launch in your shoes, since it's running a discount and who knows when they offer that kind of discount before September!
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms B View Post
    OK, you all may be talking me into one. Is the Rover everyone's preferred model?

PS -- Jennifer - just saw your sig. Congrats!!
    Yes, the Rover is what DD takes to school! Thankfully, she eats the same thing for lunch every day (with only slight variations), so making her lunch is a no-brainer for me every morning! I did get the smaller one, the Shuttle, for snacks and smaller meals, but I've only used it a handful of times. I posted about the magnets I made and the alternative lunch bag I got here: http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...ag-alternative. Truth be told, we don't put the magnets on the lunchbox anymore, but it was a fun project nonetheless! The water drink box and lunch bag are still going strong, so those were good purchases!

And thank you so much!! We're all thrilled!
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2