Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

You can't go wrong with bacon and eggs. Heck, I don't even know if you could call it a real camping trip if you didn't have it.

----------
    Sent from the aether using Tapatalk.

Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.
    --Dr. Seuss

Penelope Grace
    Born 02.25.2010

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Looks like you have a plan already, but I can't resist one more suggestion: pancakes! They make this batter that comes in a can like whipped cream. I think the pancakes are a little too airy, but everyone else I know who's tried them raves. You simply spray it onto the griddle. No muss, no fuss, and (most importantly) no work.

Here's the website, so you know what it looks like: http://www.batterblaster.com/
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Penny's Pappa View Post
    You can't go wrong with bacon and eggs. Heck, I don't even know if you could call it a real camping trip if you didn't have it.
    I agree with you. Apparently on last year's trip, one of the dad's was making bacon for hours as it was taking forever on the little camping stoves. So, I don't think anyone is up for it this year.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by anonomom View Post
    Looks like you have a plan already, but I can't resist one more suggestion: pancakes! They make this batter that comes in a can like whipped cream. I think the pancakes are a little too airy, but everyone else I know who's tried them raves. You simply spray it onto the griddle. No muss, no fuss, and (most importantly) no work.

Here's the website, so you know what it looks like: http://www.batterblaster.com/
    I haven't seen that.

We have something in Australia that makes pancakes so easy for this kind of thing. It's a plastic jug with the dry ingredients and you just add oil and milk I think, put the lid on and shake to combine. Then you pour straight from the jug - no mixing bowl, spoons, whisks required. I've never seen anything like that here. http://www.freedomfoods.com.au/OUR-F...reads/176.aspx
    Last edited by niccig; 05-07-2012 at 12:51 AM.

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I used to go to a huge camping event every year. One year some people invited us to "doughnut" morning at camp. She had dozens of cans of refrigerator biscuits and a cast iron skillet. She took the biscuit dough and stretch it out a bit, putting whole in the middle and fried them up in some vegetable oil. The her husband had some powder sugar/milk glaze he just drizzle on them. I have no idea how many she made, but they were so easy and so good all nice and warm like that.

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    I haven't seen that.

We have something in Australia that makes pancakes so easy for this kind of thing. It's a plastic jug with the dry ingredients and you just add oil and milk I think, put the lid on and shake to combine. Then you pour straight from the jug - no mixing bowl, spoons, whisks required. I've never seen anything like that here. http://www.freedomfoods.com.au/OUR-F...reads/176.aspx
    Bisquik sells mix like this. Usually it's on the bottom shelf of the pancake mix section.
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2