Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TxCat View Post
    I need something more moisturizing than regular chapsticks. My two go-to products are Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 and Rosebud Salve
    Love Kiehl's, especially when I'm actively playing French horn in a group! I'll have to try the other one you mentioned...

My favorite every-day chapstick was "Chapstick All Natural" which was unflavored and really hydrating, but I haven't found it for the past year or so.

And count me among the minority that doesn't like Burt's Bees. It makes my lips all tingly and not in a good way...I think there's something I'm sensitive to in it.

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

at night, Carmex! in the pot. i have them all over the house because like a PP, i also get twitchy if my lips get even close to dry. I buy it at the Costco pharmacy.
    http://www.mycarmex.com/our-products...r/default.aspx

During the day, in my pocket i've been carrying Chapstick, the red one. I was trying out Burt's Bees but DD said it hurt her lips, so i had to give it up (she uses mine). Sometimes in my pocket i have carmex in a tube, sometimes aquaphor in the tube. DD likes the Neosporin Lip treatment in a tube, so sometimes i have that. She's been stealing my green (mint) chapstick. what can i say, I'm a no frills girl!

in my purse, i have chapstick, but also Nars lip gloss if i need some color.

At night, plain 'ole Vaseline!
    During the day, I like Elf brand gloss in Watermelon. You really can't beat $1 at Target!
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Tea View Post
    Me too! And it stings!

I thought I was the only person in the entire world who doesn't like it!
    I also dislike the tingle of the Burt's Bees I've tried, and the one that didn't tingle was honeyish in a strange perfumey way (and I like honey!).

I really like the Yes to Carrots lip balm tubes--berry, citrus, melon, they're all good--glide smoothly and aren't sticky or too waxy but very effective. I think they have mostly organic ingredients.

The EOS spheres are also yummy with subtle fruity flavors (or there's a mint one and one with SPF), and they're 95% organic, too.

Sounds weird, but I have small travel tubs of Vaseline at every sink around the house and put it on after brushing teeth and throughout the day. Vaseline squeeze tubes for my pocket or purse, either in regular or cherry. I use it as a base under lipstick and as a gloss over lipstick -- it's one of the only ones that doesn't irritate my lips or burn or dry them out.
    DS 7/09
    DD 1/11
    DS 12/12
    DS 11/14

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I found a new lip balm at Walgreens. It is the Simply brand and it is 2/$2.00. The ingredients are organic and it glides on really nicely and lasts. Otherwise I had been using Burts.
    http://www.simplylipbalm.com/

Default Lansinoh

Has anyone tried using lansinoh on their lips? I had some leftover after nursing and decided to try it on my lips (so as not to waste it). Now that is all I use for the kids. Since it is considered safe for babies, I figured the kids are probably swallowing a ton of lip cream.

I don't use lansinoh for myself anymore because the tube is too big for my purse.

Yellow tube of Burt's Bees is my favorite. I also like their tinted ones and the Say Yes to Carrots brand.
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

Quote Originally Posted by AdiMom View Post
    Has anyone tried using lansinoh on their lips? I had some leftover after nursing and decided to try it on my lips (so as not to waste it). Now that is all I use for the kids. Since it is considered safe for babies, I figured the kids are probably swallowing a ton of lip cream.

I don't use lansinoh for myself anymore because the tube is too big for my purse.
    Yes! It actually works really well too. I threw some in my purse recently after a cold left me with a cut nostril from all the blowing and a sore on my lip. It works great as lip therapy!!!
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Tea View Post

I also really like the Nivea Kiss of Moisture lip balm. I became a fan in the 90's when I bought it under the Labello label in Europe. It was impossible to find in the US, so anytime a friend went overseas, I'd ask them to buy me 5 or 6 of them.

I might be a little obsessed with lip balm.
    I was introduced to the Labello brand in Europe years ago and the closest i've is found Nivea. I actually LOVE the Nivea Berry more than Labello.

I too am obsessed with chapstick (or lippie, as I like to call it ), and have one in every jacket pocket, 3 different ones in my purse, and 2 more at work on my desk .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast