Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My oldest will only wear the Hanna PJs (and only stripes, no prints) and we love those. Aside from a few that I get for the boys to match (Christmas especially), Oliver gets a lot of hand me down PJs. And to say I don't do hand me downs much is an understatement. I suck at it.

I think some of their stuff gets kind of weird, but some of it is very classic without being overly preppy, which I also like. I like that the polo shirts wear well but don't have a logo. I love the deck pants, especially this time of year when it's getting chillier but still too warm for long pants in the afternoon. I love the double knee sweatpants and the drawstring comfort cords. Actually love that they have a good selection of pants with drawstring waists for a young PT'd kid. I really need my 3 year old in those pants for preschool. The other shirts are more hit or miss for me. The outerwear was all I would buy until last year when DS1 wanted a North Face coat. So this year they have matching North Face coats althoguh DS2 will still have the hand me down snowpants and down coat.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

ok i just got back from a day-long trip to the Northpark mall where we visited the HA store. to sum up, i walked out with over $100 of stuff but i did end up getting a lot of things...two pairs of the my best ever baby socks, a pair of mocs, striped zippered PJs (no feet), this vest (i really wanted the red Nordic one, but DH vetoed the red saying it was "too girly"), l/s polo shirt, and khaki corduroy pants. so, Pac-Baby has some PJs, socks and holiday clothes now. I sorta cringed at paying $32 for cord pants for my 9month old, but i'm crossing my fingers that he'll be able to wear them next winter as well (plus, they do look amazingly comfy!).

a few other things i noticed

-indeed, the striped PJs seemed softer than the other prints. i'm not into stripes really but i figured it was worth getting them over the others for sake of comfort.

-several posters mentioned liking HA bc they weren't fans of skull & cross bones, surfer prints etc..however in the sale rack at HA i saw TONS of skull & crossbone stuff for girls, prints with guitars, surfboards, etc..more than i've seen at other places (i don't think i've ever seen skull stuff at Gymbo).

-i am very interested in trying the mocs on Pac-Baby. at first i thot they were just for walking outside but the lady at the store says her son wears them to sleep at night, and she just tucks the pjs into them. apparently u can just throw them in the wash, which is a big plus.

anyway, i only wish i had a store closer to me, so if i end up really liking the stuff i got i can go back and get more, and not have to pay shipping etc. hehe.

eta: too bad my store did not have the adult clothing, bc i'd love to try on this dress to match DS for holiday pix!
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 10-17-2010 at 05:54 PM.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post

eta: too bad my store did not have the adult clothing, bc i'd love to try on this dress to match DS for holiday pix!
    No stores (AFAIK) have adult clothing in them. Sometimes the outlets do, though, from what I understand. I have that dress from last year, and I LOVE it. Can't tell you how much I love it. DD has one too. Probably will get vests for my boys too..

If you want something from the catalog/online that is not available in store, I believe they will ship it for free.

Puddy73 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Like many other pps, I love HA because it is soft, durable, not too trendy and their sizes are very forgiving. I bought a lot of HA for DD1 and it still looks great on DD2. I've had much better luck with their basics like survivor jackets, playdresses, socks, unders and pjs. Some of their seasonal items have not held up as well
    Jennifer
    Mommy to a big girl and a little girl with a sweet boy in the middle (and always missing our sweet baby boy #2, stillborn 7/12)

"The work of today is the history of tomorrow and we are its makers." Juliette Gordon Low

ok i just got back from a day-long trip to the Northpark mall where we visited the HA store. to sum up, i walked out with over $100 of stuff but i did end up getting a lot of things...two pairs of the my best ever baby socks, a pair of mocs, striped zippered PJs (no feet), this vest (i really wanted the red Nordic one, but DH vetoed the red saying it was "too girly"), l/s polo shirt, and khaki corduroy pants. so, Pac-Baby has some PJs, socks and holiday clothes now. I sorta cringed at paying $32 for cord pants for my 9month old, but i'm crossing my fingers that he'll be able to wear them next winter as well (plus, they do look amazingly comfy!).

a few other things i noticed

-indeed, the striped PJs seemed softer than the other prints. i'm not into stripes really but i figured it was worth getting them over the others for sake of comfort.

-several posters mentioned liking HA bc they weren't fans of skull & cross bones, surfer prints etc..however in the sale rack at HA i saw TONS of skull & crossbone stuff for girls, prints with guitars, surfboards, etc..more than i've seen at other places (i don't think i've ever seen skull stuff at Gymbo).

-i am very interested in trying the mocs on Pac-Baby. at first i thot they were just for walking outside but the lady at the store says her son wears them to sleep at night, and she just tucks the pjs into them. apparently u can just throw them in the wash, which is a big plus.

anyway, i only wish i had a store closer to me, so if i end up really liking the stuff i got i can go back and get more, and not have to pay shipping etc. hehe.

How much did you pay for each item like the mocs and zippers? You prob. could have bought those items for a lot cheaper at the current outlet store sales, esp. the cord pants (got those for $5-$10 at the outlet sale last Oct). We love the mocs! Last winter, DS had some he wore outside and some he wore indoors only. They stayed on well and kept his feet nice and warm when outside in the cold. Love how they can be a sock/shoe in 1! Of course he did not wear them outside when it rained or snowed since the sole is not waterproof.
    Last edited by lchang25000; 10-17-2010 at 07:08 PM.
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

lmwbasye is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

This has a lot to do probably with the age of your little one. Skulls/guitars are ALL OVER Gymbo boys stuff. In fact, if you were to visit a Gymbo fan forum there are entire threads dedicated to venting about this. It seriously can be tough to avoid. Prepare yourself. LOL!
    Laura Proud Army wife and SAHM to Liam (10/04) and George (10/07)

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    No stores (AFAIK) have adult clothing in them. Sometimes the outlets do, though, from what I understand. I have that dress from last year, and I LOVE it. Can't tell you how much I love it. DD has one too. Probably will get vests for my boys too..

If you want something from the catalog/online that is not available in store, I believe they will ship it for free.

hmm, are those types of dresses really fitted, or are they somewhat loose? the issue is i already look pg, so there has to be some room to fit a belly in there....

Quote Originally Posted by lchang25000 View Post
    How much did you pay for each item like the mocs and zippers? You prob. could have bought those items for a lot cheaper at the current outlet store sales, esp. the cord pants (got those for $5-$10 at the outlet sale last Oct). We love the mocs! Last winter, DS had some he wore outside and some he wore indoors only. They stayed on well and kept his feet nice and warm when outside in the cold. Love how they can be a sock/shoe in 1! Of course he did not wear them outside when it rained or snowed since the sole is not waterproof.
    i paid

$25 for baby 1st frost vest (on sale)
    $25 striped zipper pjs
    $32 for cord pants
    $20 for l/s polo shirt
    $5 each for best baby socks
    $15 for mocs

and i don't live anywhere near an outlet store, unfortunately.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Nice haul pacmama! And lucky you for shopping in store.

So, almost none of us live near an outlet store (or any store). We order by phone and the sales reps are superhelpful. The mocs were $6 on sale for eg and socks $2.50, zippered PJs $10-20, so even with shipping it works out since you save a lot - and you can order women's clothing too.

BUT for your first order, nothing like seeing it for yourself in person. Plus you saved probably $10-12 on shipping.

Re skull and x-bones, those are all Halloween Hannas. H'ween stuff sort of has to be spooky. Their regular girls stuff doesn't have those kinds of prints.

for Sandy Hook

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We're jealous you got to feel stuff for yourself. DH WILL shop online for Hannas, but he REALLY prefers to go to the store when we are near one. Yes, he likes to see stuff in person and decide on it. Crazy, I know.

FWIW, we have those washed baby cords, and they are different from the comfort cords that were on sale last year. Maybe the ones you got were also, but I got the thin wale ones. The washed ones are a)adorable and b) so soft and c) GREAT because you can use them rolled up, then rolled down - for 2 winters!

hmm, are those types of dresses really fitted, or are they somewhat loose? the issue is i already look pg, so there has to be some room to fit a belly in there....

i paid

$25 for baby 1st frost vest (on sale)
    $25 striped zipper pjs
    $32 for cord pants
    $20 for l/s polo shirt
    $5 each for best baby socks
    $15 for mocs

and i don't live anywhere near an outlet store, unfortunately.
    I don't live anywhere near an outlet store either, but I do phone orders all the time and don't have to pay tax...just shipping. Nice that you have a retail store by you so you can shop for great deals during their EOS sales and see everything firsthand!
    Last edited by lchang25000; 10-17-2010 at 08:49 PM.
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast