Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Quick help needed... Two middle names?

Baby DD is here... All 9lbs 15oz of her!! She arrived on my mom's birthday and we'd like to honor that with her middle name, but DH loves the name we already had picked out and suggested giving her two middle names. Does anyone here/their DC have 2 middles? Does it cause complications when it comes to filling out forms etc? We have to file the name before discharge so would really appreciate some insight or advice

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I don't think it is a problem you could always just abbreviate the two middle names. Example: Julie XY Smith as she gets older. I have a friend who uses her middle initial and her maiden initial in front of her married last name. She worked for many years with her maiden name, but wanted to use her married name as well.

Congratulations!
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Congrats on your new baby girl!
    I personally wouldn't do two middle names, but I don't think it would be a problem if you did.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

saleenl is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Congrats! Both my DS and my DD have my maiden name as a second middle name, as do I. I haven't had any problems with my second middle name or theirs. The only mixup I can think of happened this year, when my DD's teacher thought her name must be "firstname firstmiddlename," like Mary Sue, instead of just Mary. Not a big deal. We all have our full names on our passports, too, and traveling has never been an issue.
    Boober (10/05) and JuJuBe (5/09)

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Congrats! Double middle (and first) names are common in my family. Sometimes, you run out of room on forms but otherwise, is not a problem. My mother was Mary-Sue Natalie-Jane and then hyphenated her maiden & last!!

FYI, You do NOT HAVE to fill out the paperwork before you leave. The nurses are a PIA about it but they cant make you if you cant decide. You have until you need a birth certificate. DD2 wasnt named for nearly 10weeks. We finally had to decide so we could get a birth certificate and SS number for taxes. Otherwise, she was baby girl X. You just have to go back to the hospital and record the name and notify drs and the ins when you do choose the name but if you're not ready, then dont let anyone pressure you!!
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Congratulations!!! If you want two middle names, go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

Congrats and Happy Birthday to your sweet little one!
    Our first DD has two middle names, because we didn't know if we'd have another daughter, and wanted to use two to honor both grandmas. School forms just have the first middle (name) initial, so the second middle name is just more of a formality, I guess, but MIL asked for it, so we did it.

Just did this ourselves with DD2. Felt kinda silly at first, but we really liked both names and it just fit perfectly. Hasn't been a problem at all and I don't regret it one bit. Her full name is on her social security card and birth certificate and when she's in trouble I use all 4 names! Lol

Congratulations!!
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

Default Quick help needed... Two middle names?

My children and I all have 2 middle names. No issues.

Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I totally think you should. I kinda wish I had honored not just my father's mother but my mother's as well in our naming process. It would have been slightly longer formally but wouldn't have affected our daily life much.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast