wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Amazon Prime didn't arrive in 2 days

Anyone have a problem with an Amazon Mom/Prime order not arriving w/in 2 business days? If so, did you do anything about it?

I ordered a S&S diaper order on 10/15. The order shipped 10/16 with an estimated delivery of 10/19 (which would be 2 business days). The item is still in transit and scheduled to arrive now today 10/20.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Yes, everytime this has happened I send them a polite email saying what happened. I play dumb and say something like, "is my prime membership still in effect?". I have gotten $10 credits each time.

ohiomom1121 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I ordered an Aden & Anais blanket for a friend and it was well over 2 days. I will definitely send an email and hope for a credit! Thanks for the tip.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Both of my items I ordered Monday (after 3 pm), and yesterday shipped today and are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I always check my account for tracking numbers. I am wondering how my A&A blankets are going to get here by tomorrow if they are being shipped by ground they must be coming from somewhere in California or southern Nevada.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Also, any item that does not arrive in 2 days can be returned at Amazon's expense.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My S&S items never arrive in two days, and when I called to ask about it, they said S&S aren't subject to prime shipping or something like that. I should probably call again, because I think that's wrong.

I didn't join Amazon Mom but I've had Prime for years. Very rarely have things taken longer than two business days. Since things frequently arrive in only one business day, I figure it more than averages out. And since the occasional delay has been due to the shipper, it doesn't feel right to ask Amazon for a credit, though it's never happened with a shipment where I really, really needed it by that day.

The first shipment from S&S is supposed to arrive within the two business days, but subsequent S&S shipments are not subject to that.
    DD 10/09
    DS 2/13

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pastrygirl View Post
    My S&S items never arrive in two days, and when I called to ask about it, they said S&S aren't subject to prime shipping or something like that. I should probably call again, because I think that's wrong.
    Ship & Save items in 2007 used to arrive pretty quickly as did the items with the free standard shipping w/$25 and over purchases, but then Prime came along and it slowed the Amazon shipping down a lot. Amazon also now uses another service for some of their deliveries, including the diapers called On Trac and people here have complained that it delays the delivery too. My delivery method is USPS and one time I did have a free super shipping order sent through USPS delivery and it sat at the DHL office for two days before it was transferred to the post office to be delivered to my house. I was ticked because I drive by the DHL office every day! I kind of gave up on fast shipping for the free shipping at that time.

The new Amazon mom promos though all say that all diapers come with free 2 day shipping so they should come in two days, and I guess that should apply to ship & save diapers too. We'll see how it goes in two months when I get my next order (only need pull ups at this time for DD1).
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

The exact same thing happened to me. In hindsight should've called to get $10 credit!
    DS1 08.2010
    DS2 04.2012

erosenst is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Also, remember that not everything qualifies for Prime. It will specifically say if it does.

And if it DOES qualify for Prime, and doesn't arrive in two days, make sure to call or email customer service.