Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mwrn1 is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Default chicco key fit 30 compatible stroller hard to find

I am a new mom to be looking into strollers that will be compatible with the chicco keyfit 30 infant seat. I have contacted Maclaren, BOB, and Baby Trend for questions regarding their compatibility with the keyfit 30. All manufacturers have said they are not compatible. I looked at the uppa baby vista which is compatible, but a little out of my price range I think. Any suggestions?

Mindy

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

That's why I think it's a good reason to go with Graco if you want to use the carseat that way. It's worse with double strollers.

Of course, I don't actually click my carseat into any stroller. We put the baby directly into the BJCED and Mini.

I you don't have the seat yet/could possibly return it, I as well highly recommend the Graco SnugRide32 for the flexibility, longer usage, and lower price point.
    (I have my SR32 paired with the Graco Mosaic stroller, which I love as a budget do-all choice, but I'm sure the ladies here will have plenty of suggestions if given price range and features wanted.)
    DS October 2007
    Busy Budgeted Chicagoland Mommy

Double post. Sorry
    Last edited by abemom3; 07-02-2009 at 09:24 AM.

I called Chicco to ask since I had the same questions. There is no compatible snap n go that snaps in. However, there are two that work with a strap: Mclaren easy traveler and Baby Trend 1305 or 1305R.

The Keyfit is from the easiest car seats to install. It also fits babies very well. Newborns on the smaller end, don't fit well in the Snugride. I had a Snugride for my first 3, and even my average baby didn't fit right.

I'm getting the keyfit for my next! It's a very recommended seat.

The older Zippys (maybe the newer ones also) fit car seats well in them. The reason Uppababy made a Keyfit adapter, was due to popular request regarding the benefits of the Keyfit. If there would be more pressure, other companies would probably also make it.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    Of course, I don't actually click my carseat into any stroller. We put the baby directly into the BJCED and Mini.
    I would not base my stroller purchase on the brand of car seat I want. You will use the infant car seat for a limited period of time, while you will use the stroller much longer. I personally don't like to have my babies in the car seat all the time (to be fair, I don't really need to either as we live in the city and can walk pretty much anywhere), so I just have my baby on a snuzzler right on the fully reclined seat. If you like the Chicco Keyfit, get that and use the Maclaren Easy Traveller if you really want to snap your car seat to a stroller. You can then get whatever full-featured stroller you'd like as well.
    Last edited by arivecchi; 07-01-2009 at 02:44 PM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have seen online that the Phil and Ted strollers work with keyfits.....I have a keyfit 30 and just bought the cortina stroller to go with it.....but I'm planning on getting some kind of double when when our family grows...

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by mwrn1 View Post
    I am a new mom to be looking into strollers that will be compatible with the chicco keyfit 30 infant seat. I have contacted Maclaren, BOB, and Baby Trend for questions regarding their compatibility with the keyfit 30. All manufacturers have said they are not compatible. I looked at the uppa baby vista which is compatible, but a little out of my price range I think. Any suggestions?

Mindy
    We bought a Jeep Liberty Sport X Urban as our rubber tired neighborhood/dog walking stroller to leave in the garage as it is pretty large. It is compatible with the Keyfit. Sears usually has it in stock and it seems to go in/out of stock at Babies R Us depending on their whims.

https://www.strollersdirect.com/Jeep...-in-Energy.htm

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3502257

mskitty

codex57 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

And that's why I generally prefer teh Graco seats over the KeyFit. KeyFit is a great seat, but very few accessories work with it (not just car seats). The Gracos fit a TON of different things.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast