Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by magnoliaparadise View Post
    Thank you everyone for your comments.
    Mackmama, your hope is correct. "Adele" isn't her first name and isn't close-sounding to her real name. That's why I put the name in quotations. I thought that was obvious, but I will be more clear in the future.
    Yeh I figured it wasn't her real name with the quotes, but then Adele is a fairly unusual name so I wasn't sure. Even though this post didn't contain dire information, I am a stickler about protecting a child's online privacy until they are old enough to make that decision for themselves. My intention was not to single you out - I've just been frustrated in the past with some other posters who have included their child's real names when writing about very sensitive information.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    You're right. That wasn't a fair statement. Apologies.
    Wow - I wasn't expecting that. Thank you.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khalloc View Post
    Honestly I think you are completely overreacting. If you brought that up to me (and I was your cousin and Adele was my daughter) I would be wondering what your problem was. Kids do that. They like to eat sugary foods. When I started reading your post I thought that you were going to say Adele ended up stealing it. (then yeah I'd tell her mother) but just that she asked for it and told you not to tell her mom? Not a big deal.
    Yes, this. Completely agree. You are overthinking it. All the time in our house it’s a fun game of “ssh! don’t tell Mommy that daddy let us have pizza” or something like that. Not a big deal at all. I too thought u were going to say she stole it and then wanted to lie. Kids wanting sweets/junk and not wanting to tell their parents (or the other parent) normal. If I live the rest of my life with this being the worst thing my dc did in presence of others I’d be a happy camper.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6