jess_g is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Has anyone tried the paint with primer mixed into it?

I don't know who makes it (maybe Lowes or Home Depot) but I have seen it advertised on tv and I wonder how well it works. This would be over a pale grey color and not something too dark. I am just wondering how well it works and if you can realy get by with one coat of paint with it.

thanks,

Jessica.

nov04 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have friends who swear by Behr Aura. It's a very thick paint and they're quite happy. The quality is nice too, it doesn't chip. They didn't use it on something that would need 8 coats (like dark red) but did need a primer. it was well worth the $70/can they said.

We're painting soon (I hope!) and will use it if its low (or no if that exists) VOC. I know CIL does that type of paint as long as its white-based lighter colour.
    Jos
    dd1 10/2004 prenatal stroke survivor w/ speech delay and dysarthria
    dd2 02/2007 asthma

We used the Behr Premium Plus paint to paint DD's room. It has the built in primer. It works beautifully. It went on smoothly, and we have had no issues with chipping. I would definitely use it again.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by nov04 View Post
    I have friends who swear by Behr Aura. It's a very thick paint and they're quite happy. The quality is nice too, it doesn't chip. They didn't use it on something that would need 8 coats (like dark red) but did need a primer. it was well worth the $70/can they said.
    Do you mean Benjamin Moore Aura? We're trying it this weekend and hope it goes well. It was ~$50/gallon.

We've used Behr Premium Plus Ultra from Home Depot in a few rooms and it covers really well. It's lower VOC than some paints but the odor still gets to me so we're trying Benjamin Moore for the next round. I think it was around $30-40/gallon.

nov04 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    Do you mean Benjamin Moore Aura? We're trying it this weekend and hope it goes well. It was ~$50/gallon.

We've used Behr Premium Plus Ultra from Home Depot in a few rooms and it covers really well. It's lower VOC than some paints but the odor still gets to me so we're trying Benjamin Moore for the next round. I think it was around $30-40/gallon.
    Oops!! I knew it was Aura-something. I was thinking to myself I should doublecheck the brand, but was lazy.
    Jos
    dd1 10/2004 prenatal stroke survivor w/ speech delay and dysarthria
    dd2 02/2007 asthma