Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default WWYD: BBB and meals

So I messed up and didn't make our ADRs and BBB reservation early enough and now there are few choices.

1) BBB (just make over) at DTD at 9:30AM with lunch at Akershus 1:40
    2) BBB (Just make over) at DTD at 9:30AM with dinner at Akershus at 5PM

There is nothing at CRT (and if you aren't doing the make-over at MK, I guess it makes no sense to pursue that).

MK only had a 5:55 BBB resesrvation, which seems silly since DD will be going to bed and not have much time with her make-up/hair.

So would you be in favor of option 1 or 2 above? We can do two days at Epcot so this would be our second day. Kind of choppy, we won't get there early, I'm wondering if it is better to just have lunch late and grab a CS meal for dinner when we feel like it or wait to have dinner at 5.

We will be there in May so it will be kind of hot. We will be on the dining plan.

Another option is that I might be able to get a reservation for dinner at 1900 Park Fare (which we have done before). We have not done Akershus.

WWYD? Thanks!
    Last edited by alien_host; 03-17-2012 at 05:49 PM.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I would be inclined to do the 9:30 breakfast and the 5:40 dinner, and get snacks at WDW or bring them with you. I would not be hungry 3 hrs. later from a big breakfast. Those times will most likely be when we eat if we end up getting a dining plan.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I would be inclined to do the 9:30 breakfast and the 5:40 dinner, and get snacks at WDW or bring them with you. I would not be hungry 3 hrs. later from a big breakfast. Those times will most likely be when we eat if we end up getting a dining plan.
    Sorry...I wasn't clear, we are just doing the BBB make over at DTD with no big breakfast or anything at 9:30....so I have to decide if we should then head to EPCOT for the day and have a 1:40 lunch or 5ish dinner.

We'll just eat a light breakfast in the room or grab something at DTD. I couldn't get the BBB with the CRT breakfast (or lunch or dinner for that matter).

I think my main concern is DD "being too hot" all day and waiting til 5 to see the princesses at dinner (and for the photo op). I'm wondering if it is better to have that late lunch....
    Last edited by alien_host; 03-17-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Is dinner at Askerhaus a princess meal? Even so, I would do lunch. Getting your hair done in the morning and having to wait all day to meet the princesses at dinner seems kind of torturous. Also, what if her hair comes down etc, she might be bummed at the pics.
    Last edited by TwinFoxes; 03-17-2012 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Hit enter
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

we did the 9 am BBB boutique appt. and had dinner at 5:50pm at CRT. it was a long day (we had to be at MK early and then stayed pretty much until close, it was january). my daughter has the most unruly hair of any child i've ever met -- her wispys were defying the BBB princess bun after about 5 minutes i watched all the kids all day-- no one elses hair was falling out! it was still just fine.. we had a great day, and a great dinner. my favorite pictures are her in the tomorrow land speedway line in her cinderella outfit-- they just seem so funny to me

but if you are worried, i'd do the late lunch.

have fun!

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I guess the big question for me is, when do you normally do meals? My kids are used to a big(ish) lunch about 11-11:30 in the morning, and a smaller supper around 5. So, when at Disney, I tried to stick to that timing. So, if it were me, I'd do the 5 supper, because if I tried to wait until 1:40 for lunch, the kids would either be starving or have eaten enough snacks to not want to eat anything. Since most of the BBB girls I've seen have their hair still looking great hours later, it wouldn't seem to matter about it being a longer period of time after.

ETA: Since you're doing Epcot that day, you can spend part of that waiting time wandering around the world showcase & meeting the princesses there, too, so you can still get gorgeous shots of her with princesses before the meal! Or after if you go with the lunch option.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

klwa has a good point about the early dinner vs late lunch. i have to say, at disney, we were always ready to eat it seemed and her makeover will look fine by the end of the day-- and you'll get cute pictures no matter what. i wouldn't stress about it too much and do what you think works best for your eating schedule--that's really good advice!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

brain just turned on and realized that BBB was Bipity Boppity Boutique when I re read your post.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I agree with the meal timing and most nights we are eating dinner on the early side 5:30 - 6, but I decided to go with the 1:40 lunch option so we don't have to be at EPCOT til 5 or later if we don't want to. And yes, that is a good idea of stopping along the way to see princesses.

BTW, what is the fastest/easiest way to get from DTD to EPCOT? We will need to use Disney transportation.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Fastest would probably be to walk (I think you can walk?) to Saratoga Springs & take a bus from there. Otherwise, you're taking a bus (or boat if you're at Port Orleans) to a resort & then a bus to the park.

ETA: Ooh, wait, or you could get a bus to one of the Epcot area resorts. Beach Club, Boardwalk, or Yacht Club. Then you'd come in the international gateway.
    Last edited by klwa; 03-20-2012 at 02:06 PM.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast