Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JustMare Guest

Default Ugh! My shoes don't fit!!!

I just have to bitch! I'm so mad. I have not one pair of decent shoes that fit! Sneakers fit but not one pair of shoes! (I can't comfortably bend to tie laces!)

I'm 27 weeks pregnant and NOT swollen. This makes no sense to me. My ankle bracelet isn't tight so why on earth are my shoes tight????

I broke down and went to Bloomies to buy a new pair. DH thinks I'm making an excuse to buy a new pair of shoes. He said just be honest, if you want a new pair, you don't need to make up excuses! How dare he!

Okay, so I get to the shoe dept find a nice comfy pair of walking shoes and ask for a half size larger than I normally wear. They were way too big. Now I'm confused! Am I imagining things???? The shoe salesperson explains that since this shoe is made of kid leather it will stretch and there's only a 1/8" difference in half sizes, usually in the width, not the length. Okay, so I buy my normal size and take this guy's opinion.

So I get home and DH notices that the shoes are in my regular size and questions me. I thought you said your feet grew??? I explained what the sales guy said and he totally didn't believe me. Plus what really annoys me is the fact that I really don't LOVE the shoes. Yeah, they fit great, are very comfy and have a rubber sole. But they are so boring. They are not my style at all. I like a more contemporary square toe shoe. I bought these soley for comfort not fashion! If I was making excuses I would have bought really cool shoes, not these!

But what gets me is will me feet really grow?? Does that happen to everyone??? There is no way I'm going out again and spending $80 on another pair of "pregnancy" shoes!

These are my boring shoes if anyone cares to see them:
    http://www.stevemadden.com/cgi-bin/S...179+1068707512

JustMare Guest

Default Ugh! My shoes don't fit!!!

I just have to bitch! I'm so mad. I have not one pair of decent shoes that fit! Sneakers fit but not one pair of shoes! (I can't comfortably bend to tie laces!)

I'm 27 weeks pregnant and NOT swollen. This makes no sense to me. My ankle bracelet isn't tight so why on earth are my shoes tight????

I broke down and went to Bloomies to buy a new pair. DH thinks I'm making an excuse to buy a new pair of shoes. He said just be honest, if you want a new pair, you don't need to make up excuses! How dare he!

Okay, so I get to the shoe dept find a nice comfy pair of walking shoes and ask for a half size larger than I normally wear. They were way too big. Now I'm confused! Am I imagining things???? The shoe salesperson explains that since this shoe is made of kid leather it will stretch and there's only a 1/8" difference in half sizes, usually in the width, not the length. Okay, so I buy my normal size and take this guy's opinion.

So I get home and DH notices that the shoes are in my regular size and questions me. I thought you said your feet grew??? I explained what the sales guy said and he totally didn't believe me. Plus what really annoys me is the fact that I really don't LOVE the shoes. Yeah, they fit great, are very comfy and have a rubber sole. But they are so boring. They are not my style at all. I like a more contemporary square toe shoe. I bought these soley for comfort not fashion! If I was making excuses I would have bought really cool shoes, not these!

But what gets me is will me feet really grow?? Does that happen to everyone??? There is no way I'm going out again and spending $80 on another pair of "pregnancy" shoes!

These are my boring shoes if anyone cares to see them:
    http://www.stevemadden.com/cgi-bin/S...179+1068707512

Default RE: Ugh! My shoes don't fit!!!

My feet didn't grow in length, but due to swelling, I went from a size 6 to 7 1/2! I do sympathize...I just bought what was comfortable, and post-pregnancy, my 89 yr old grandmother wouldn't even take them!

I remember how excited I was to bend over and tie my sneakers when I left the hospital....

Hang in there!

My feet didn't grow in length, but due to swelling, I went from a size 6 to 7 1/2! I do sympathize...I just bought what was comfortable, and post-pregnancy, my 89 yr old grandmother wouldn't even take them!

I remember how excited I was to bend over and tie my sneakers when I left the hospital....

Hang in there!

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Want the good news? You may never fit in your pre-preg shoes again! I can't! My foot got a little wider and a little longer and hasn't gone back to its pre-preg size (this is very common). It isn't necessarily from swelling, it's partially because your joints get more flexible and since your feet are carrying the weight, they tend to spread a little more than other body parts, and don't always return to their former size.

This is making me miserable - I had a wide foot before and had a hard enough time buying comfy shoes, now it is even worse!!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Want the good news? You may never fit in your pre-preg shoes again! I can't! My foot got a little wider and a little longer and hasn't gone back to its pre-preg size (this is very common). It isn't necessarily from swelling, it's partially because your joints get more flexible and since your feet are carrying the weight, they tend to spread a little more than other body parts, and don't always return to their former size.

This is making me miserable - I had a wide foot before and had a hard enough time buying comfy shoes, now it is even worse!!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Welcome to the club! I have a SERIOUS collection of shoes (40+ pair) that don't fit anymore. What's worse, is that I WAS a 10. I'm now an 11.

Try finding nice shoes in big sizes!

Good luck

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

Welcome to the club! I have a SERIOUS collection of shoes (40+ pair) that don't fit anymore. What's worse, is that I WAS a 10. I'm now an 11.

Try finding nice shoes in big sizes!

Good luck

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Tell your DH to be prepared and start budgeting for shoes! By the end of my pregnancy with Sarah, I could only fit in my oversized Birkenstocks, because I could loosen the strap! I had to wear those shoes with everything. The good news is that by that point, I didn't care anymore that I could only wear one pair of shoes!

And like Lori, my feet NEVER returned to their pre-pregnancy size. I went from a 6 to a 6 1/2. I could only wear about half my shoes (the ones that had been a little loose before) and had to buy about 10 new pair!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

deborah_r is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Your DH is a brave brave man to tell you such things while you are pregnant! You should hide all of his shoes and see what he does when he needs to leave the house, then he might understand!

Deb
    Mama to my guys, K (May '03) and Q (June '07)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast