Rules for the Windsor Peak Press Forums
This message board is provided free of charge by Authors Denise & Alan Fields / Windsor Peak Press Book Forums for research purposes and so parents can discuss baby products, issues, and other parenting topics.
Acceptable Use Policy
We do not allow ads, spam, pitches, etc. to be posted on this board. Buying/selling/trading of items or services is not allowed (exceptions will be made for coupon code trading on the Bargain Alerts forum and for the Bridal Gown "for sale" forum). Please do not put ads (or links to other web sites with commercial content) in your signature line. Users who violate this policy will be removed from the boards. Users may not post requests for others to vote in surveys or contests. We also do not allow links with referral ID's or commission links, or coupon codes or posts intended to generate referrals or other affiliate incentives. See "Commercial Policy" below for additional rules relating to business and web site owners and the use of the forum for commercial purposes.
Discussions must be kept civil. Users must treat others with respect and limit debate to issues rather than engaging in namecalling or other personal attacks.
No Baiting or Harrassment
Your membership may not be used to harass or exploit other members in any way. The posting of a message with the intent of drawing another user into a less-than-civil discussion (baiting) will not be tolerated. Baiting of the moderators is also prohibited; if you have an issue with the way the board is being administered, please contact the mods or site owners directly.
No Offensive Language
Obscenities and vulgar, abusive, racist, obscene, hateful, sexist, threatening or otherwise law-violating speech will not be tolerated.
Editing of Posts
Deleting posts or removing substantive portions of your messages after posting is disruptive to the flow of discussion and is not allowed. If you have a concern about a post you previously made, please contact a moderator privately for assistance. Abuse of the editing function may result in suspension.
One User ID Per Individual
You may only create one user ID per person. This will be strictly enforced without exception. When one or more additional User IDs are discovered, the newest ID/s will be deleted, and the original ID will be suspended and/or deleted, depending on the standing of the message board member.
Accurate User Information
All information that you provide to us for your membership must be correct. If you attempt to register with a bogus email address, you will not be granted access to this message board. If you are discovered to have an existing account with a bogus email address, your account will be automatically removed.
It's a violation of US Copyright Law to post more than 250 words of copyrighted material without the express written consent of the author. Any posts containing quotations that exceed the limit will be edited by the Moderators. Please provide links to articles you are referencing.
Denial of Service & Other Attacks
No mass posting or flooding of the boards is allowed. Attempts to do this will result in the immediate suspension of your account.
Failure To Comply With Moderator Request or Rules of Board
Ignoring the request of a moderator and/or failing to comply with the rules of this board will lead to the suspension of your account. Please note, suspensions are at the joint discretion of the moderators in conjunction with Authors Denise & Alan Fields / Windsor Peak Press Book Forums. Additionally, once a user has been suspended, their membership may be permanently revoked at any time at the discretion of Authors Denise & Alan Fields / Windsor Peak Press Book Forums.
All messages express the views of the author, and neither the authors Denise & Alan Fields / Windsor Peak Press Book Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. Authors Denise & Alan Fields / Windsor Peak Press Book Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason. For violations of the board rules, threads may be locked, deleted, or posts removed at the discretion of the site owners or moderators.
The site administrator reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the user agreement without prior notice to the user. It is the responsibility of the user to regularly review the terms of this agreement.
1. All signatures must adhere to the User Agreement and posted forum rules. Obscenities, offensive speech, and baiting of other users are not permitted.
2. You may format your signature with fonts and colors and place smilies within it but please do not enlarge the font size or exceed four lines of single-spaced text. Please do not place an excessive number of smilies in your signature.
3. Signatures may include no more than 3 images, with a size limit of 500 pixels wide x 100 high per image. With the exception of BBB smilies, no animated images are allowed. We request that signature images be hosted on another site (such as PhotoBucket, PictureTrail, etc.).
4. We reserve the right to ask you to change and/or remove your signature at any time, for any reason. Inappropriate signatures may be removed without warning at the discretion of the moderators.
The Windsor Peak web sites, including message boards, blogs, reviews, social networking tools, and any other element found on sites hosted by the owners of Windsor Peak Press, are solely for the personal use of visitors and/or registered users and may not be used for commercial purposes except with prior written permission from the site owners.
“Vendors” include owners of businesses and web sites (including blogs used to generate income, message boards, etc.) that relate to the content of the Windsor Peak Press books. Vendors may be allowed to participate in discussions solely at the discretion of the site owners. Vendors should contact the site owners prior to establishing an account. If allowed, vendors must identify themselves with an approved signature, including business and individual name. Links are not allowed (see below for examples).
Vendors are prohibited from promoting their own products, companies or web sites. They may answer questions posted by community members. Vendors who attempt to pose as readers and/or parents in order to plug their products will immediately be removed.
Acceptable Signature -->Public Relations / Marketing Firms
Representatives of Marketing or PR firms must follow all posted forum rules. They must also accurately identify themselves (they may not pose as customers or employees of the companies they represent), and their posts or signatures must include the name of the firm they work for as well as "On behalf of Company XYZ." Promotion of products/services and posting of links are not allowed.
1. What is a Co-op? A co-op group of Consumers coming together to purchase an item at a lesser price based upon a bulk order. Typically, the co-op is spurred by one parent (the "co-op owner") who negotiates a lower price on an item with a vendor if X quantity is purchased. Since bargains are our mission in life, we have decided to let our readers post such deals to our boards.
2. As owners of this board, we do not pre-screen, sponsor, nor endorse any co-ops that may be listed on the Baby Bargains Book Bulletin Board. We are not responsible for the content of, nor do we govern, the administration of any co-op.
3. Participants of any co-op are solely responsible for checking out the legitimacy of any Vendor themselves prior to any monetary transaction. Caveat Emptor!
4. A Forum specific to co-ops will be created. We ask that this Forum be used to announce a co-op and provide specific information (e.g., what is for sale, the cost of it, different options, etc.) Once interest in a specific co-op has been established, the Fields ask that the balance of the arrangement be moved to a Yahoo group or something similar. Bandwidth is at a premium and needs to be conserved for the rest of the Board. Should this request to move the co-op not be abided by, the Fields and Moderators reserve the right to delete the thread(s) in violation of this Rule.
5. Vendors are NOT allowed to post co-ops to the Board. All co-ops must be generated by a Member of the Baby Bargains Community who is not being paid or otherwise compensated by the Vendor. The Vendor MAY NOT compensate a Member for posting a co-op. The posting Member must have a minimum of 100 posts and a posting history of at least 120 days to offer a co-op to the Boards.
6. Vendors may NOT post to clarify any questions about a co-op. All communications between co-op participants and the Vendor must go through the co-op “Owner”.
7. Third party co-ops are not permitted. Anyone offering a co-op must be a Registered Member of the Baby Bargains Community with a minimum of 100 posts and a posting history of at least 120 days. Co-ops through “friends of friends” or offering a deal through a friend that is not an established Member of the Community is not permitted.
8. Coupon Codes are still permitted on the Boards and should be placed in the Bargain Alert Forum. We ask that you keep the posts in these threads to a minimum. Again, any posts about coupon codes must be generated by members, not vendors or merchants.
If you have a question about the forum rules, please contact one of the moderators.
Last edited by missym; 07-24-2012 at 04:39 PM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|