Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Andi98989 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Stroller for Tall Dad

I am 5'4" and my husband is 6'5" with huge feet. We were at Babies R Us this weekend "test driving" strollers. He was having huge problems with all of them - the handles were down too low so he was hunched over, the wheels were too close together in the back so he couldn't walk without kicking them, or he would hit the cross bar and/or basket in the back.

We're not big joggers, but finally it seemed like the Baby Trend Expedition Jogger was the only stroller that he could actually walk behind and feel somewhat comfortable with.

Does anyone know of a smaller, lightweight stroller that might potentially work for him? I don't forsee him needing to use the stroller all that often, but it would be great if we had one smaller than the Expedition that he could comfortably use.

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

the maclarens have pretty tall handles & the techno xt has extendable handle height.
    the peregos- pliko, switch & si also have adjustable handles.
    my husband is also over 6 feet & his favorite stroller handlebar belongs to our mountain buggy. i am very picky about handle height & will only buy strollers with extendable handles. if you have a copy of baby bargains, there is a chart somewhere that lists all the strollers with one hand folds & extendable handles. all your best bets will be there.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My neighbor is running into the same issues. He pushed a ton of strollers and at this point he is really only comfortable with the Bugaboo Chameleon from the strollers his wife is interested in so they are shelling out the money for it.

The Bugaboo Bee could be an option for you

http://www.letsgostrolling.com/bugab...-stroller.html

I would try to find an independent retailer and test drive some stroller brands that are not carried in Babies R Us!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Tondi G View Post
    I would try to find an independent retailer and test drive some stroller brands that are not carried in Babies R Us!
    Same deal with my DH even though he is only 6'. He kicked everything in BRU, which led us to a more expensive, but worthwhile search. Things that pass his test - Bugaboo Cameleon, Mac Triumph (somehow), Baby Jogger City Elite. I guess the BJCityMini does too, but I'm not sure I've heard it from his mouth.

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have the Mac Quest and just bought the BJCC single, for neighborhood walking and more AT needs... both work for us- I'm 5'11" and DH is 6'1" - my dad has also pushed the Mac and he's 6'5"...... I recall in previous BB book they mentioned strollers for the tall folk- that's where I got some ideas!

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DH is 6'5''and I'm 5'5''. We have the chicco cortina stroller.....it has an adjustable handle, so we can each have the handle where it is comfortable for us. I think dh kicks the wheels sometimes, but when we go on walks he's always wanting to push dd so it can't be that bad for him. It's also less than $200, which is pretty nice for a full size stroller.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

OKKiddo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have a Maclaren Techno XLR that is very tall, most especially when the handles are extended. DH and I are short people (5'5" and 5'3" respectively) so the handles are NEVER extended for us and the stroller is almost too tall for us even then, lol. I don't have a problem with the height, I kinda rest my elbows on the handles sometimes.

lowrioh is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have a Zooper Hula and a Bumbleride Indie and they both work well for my DH who is 6'5".

Default Bumbleride Indie

What do you think about your Bumbleride Indie? I'm thinking about getting a Indie twin?

lowrioh is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by CatSeward View Post
    What do you think about your Bumbleride Indie? I'm thinking about getting a Indie twin?
    I really like my Indie. More importantly DH loves the Indie and takes DD for walks every day as a SAHD.
    The fold of the Indie is pretty complicated and it is pretty heavy so I wouldn't want to use it for my "on the go" stroller. We keep our Indie on the screened-in porch so these aren't issues for us. When we have another DC I would definitely consider the Indie twin as an option but it seems really expensive. I got my single Indie as a floor model and saved over $100.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast